Honest opinions re MK and Sunday

june@imsarc.com

DIS Veteran
I need your honest opinions regarding the Magic Kingdom and Sunday. I've heard Sunday was the best time to go to the MK because it was so peaceful. I've also heard that it is a zoo because of the extra magic hour.

We'll be at the World Nov 1-9, 2 families, 4 adults 6 kids, and don't plan to leave the MK on Sunday until closing. Are we crazy?

Help!

Just landed around 6 at Logan from a week at the Wilderness Lodge.

We went on Sunday for Extra Magic Hour and it worked great. We zipped through Fantasyland in no time with really no lines at all.

We thought Sunday morning was great, but Sunday night was our worst time ever at the MK.

We really enjoy going to the MK on Sunday until about 2:00. That's when the crowds start to get heavy.

Sunday EMH is a good time to go if you go "commando style" and just try to hit attraction after attraction in the morning before the big crowds roll in. But I wouldn't stay past lunchtime.

The conflicting stories you've heard about whether Sunday is good or bad probably stem from Disney changing the early day for MK when they reinstituted their early morning program.

Saturday used to be the early day for MK, so even bigger crowds flocked that already crowded park. Sunday, a traditional "traveling day," was then the less crowded of the weekend days. Disney "evened out" the crowds a bit by making Sunday the new EMH day.

Hope that helps explain the inconsistencies you've heard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter