Honeymoon stay at the Grand for the first time.

Nikefutbolero

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

So my fiancé and I are getting married in May, and are going to the parks for part of our honeymoon! We are staying at the Grand for 5 nights in a DTD view room for what will be our first time staying at the GCH.

We've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier but we wanted to make this trip feel special and new so the Grand was the best way to do that. The honeymoon also justifies the price lol.

My question is, for people who have stayed there, do you have any recommendations or suggestions about the Grand? Anybody visit the spa? Best room location to ask for? Anything would help and would be appreciated.

Thank you guys!

I would try for a park view above Napa Rose honestly. The view of GRR/Funwheel/Guardians/Carthay is a LOT better than the DTD view. I had a thread which showed the various rooms/views I've stayed in, and that was my absolute favorite. The spa sounds nice, but we've never done it. Chef's Counter at Napa would be a must as well.

I would try for a park view above Napa Rose honestly. The view of GRR/Funwheel/Guardians/Carthay is a LOT better than the DTD view...
I agree a park view would be much better than a DTD view. Not to be too negative, but DTD is my least favorite view (it guarantees a longer walk and late night noise)

Premium view unfortunately combines Pool and Park views, so it might be better to upgrade to Standard View Club Level.

I don`t recommend the DTD view because of the late night noise that goes on until 10pm.. The Courtyard view is just a little more expensive than the Standard view and is very peaceful. The Monorail runs thru the courtyard. You could try switching rooms after you see what you get if you don`t like it. We had DTD rooms and when I complained about the noise telling the front desk that it was unacceptable they moved our two rooms to Courtyard, and that happened around 4pm.

Honestly, I'd do a night in the fairytale suite at the DLH if I was going on my honeymoon (have yet to do that after almost 16 years of marriage).

I would just be sure to call reception and put in a request for whatever view you decide, and while you are on the phone with them, let them know that this is a special splurge for your HONEYMOON :love: And maybe gush a bit about how you are so excited because you've heard how beautiful it is, etc. They will note the honeymoon on their room request and you might get some extra goodies. Also also: when you check in, if it is early in the day especially, again, gush at the reception about how this is so special for you, and would they happen to have any free upgrades for your special occasion? I'm telling you this because often times they will upgrade you for free. Depending on what's available, you might even get a suite or something.

Honestly, I'm not the gushing type, but I heard that tip here before our first trip, when we stayed at the GCH. I tried it. We were booked for a standard room and they upgraded us for free to a courtyard view on the 4th floor. We could see some of the fireworks over the roof, from our balcony. It was lovely!

I've always wanted to try the DTD view as well, but then I've heard that it can be noisy. The park view would be beautiful, I think.

Sounds like a wonderful honeymoon! Best wishes!

As others have said, call in to make your requests and ask them to note you will be on your honeymoon. I've stayed there 3 times now and only ever booked a standard room and was upgraded each time, twice to theme park view and once to pool view. Requesting over Napa Rose is the best location, so I would ask for that.

For a special treat you could book a half day in a cabana. It's fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter