Honeymoon trip

Tygerlilly

DIS Veteran
Finally talked the other half into a trip to Disney and Universal for our honeymoon next year! We're both pretty excited. We are definitely doing Epcot (my #1 choice) and Animal Kingdom (his #1 choice), but be brutally honest: is Hollywood Studios worth a trip for just us adults? I hear how there aren't really great food choices there (we will have the deluxe dining plan) and from what I can tell, it just doesn't seem exciting. Am I missing something or is it completely skipable?

How many days are you going? Do you have hoppers? DH loves RNRC and I love TOT and we both love TSM, and I always have him get a hopper so we can do at least those things at DHS. Also they have the cream cheese pretzels & carrot cake cookies at DHS (lol), so who said there isn't good food?! I kid but still. :P

Well, I think HS is a more adult oriented park in general, or at least older kids and adults. Two of the most intense rides are there, Tower of Terror and Rock'n Roller Coaster. There are also many cool shows like Indiana Jones which tends to please the guys, you know. Plus, Fnatasmic!, Star Wars fireworks, even Beauty and the Beast is a great production. By next year there will also be Toy Story Land, those the rides there aren't set to be too intense (still fun though I am sure).

Also, when next year? Star Wars Galaxy's Edge should be opening up late in the year, so that's something you may want to check out (or avoid as it will be crowded). I mean, even without Star Wars, I think the park is worth visiting (even as it is today before Toy Story Land). It's really still a lot of fun and has a great atmosphere. For food, I might check out Prime Time Diner, as it's pretty fun and has good, hearty meals.

Have fun!

We are going in September for our honeymoon and HS is definitely on our to do list. The rides, the shows and for me the big Star Wars component is a huge draw (even before Star Wars land). We have the deluxe dinning plan but only plan one meal in the park at prime time for lunch. We do trattoria al for a for breakfast and Morimoto for dinner. Brown Drby is supposed to be great for a signature meal though so that’s an option.

If you have the time/days to spare to visit all four parks, I think a trip to HS is a must. With the deluxe dining plan, consider booking an ADR at a resort restaurant and just leaving the park for your meals. I've heard good things about the Hollywood Brown Derby; unfortunately, I have never eaten there. But I know that would be two deluxe dining credits, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our HS day last year; plus, there should be more attractions open by the time you go next year. I would not pass it up unless you just don't have the time on your trip. Meaning, I would go to all of the the other parks before HS, but if you have the time, you should go. :)

I love Hollywood Studios. ToT is one of my top 5 Disney rides. The Rockin rollar coaster is good too. I love the Muppet show, and many other rides in the park. If either of you are Star Wars fans, then you must do the characters there. I admit the food isn't always great, but you can get a lot done, go elsewhere for an early dinner and make it back for Fantastmic (or the Star Wars fireworks, but I love Fantatsmic).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter