Hoopdie doo musical - Has anyone seen it?

crissy

Earning My Ears
Is it worth the price and will my 3 children under 5 enjoy it? My husband thinks we should skip it and spend the money elsewhere, I say, we are already on the resort and it is a good fill in for a night! What do you think? :rolleyes:

My husband and I saw the Hoop Dee Doo last spring and enjoyed it. It wasn't great but not bad either. We thought the food was mediocre but the atmosphere was fun. I don't really remember seeing too many children under the age of 5 years though. In my opinion, I'm not sure they would enjoy it all that much (but, then again, what do I know? we are taking our first child to WDW this fall and she will be 15 months old!)

Denise

We enjoyed the HDD but our children are older. I am not sure your children would get the benefit of the show or hte food as much as older ones. You might want to skip this one with the kids. If you could arrange to have babysitting and go yourselves, you might enjoy it....Enjoy your trip,,i am sure you will

Hi...I agree under five would be a question at this show...the kids are really too young to get into it..I would stick with character meals instead, with a nice buffet...Winnie and friends at Wilderness Lodge, Mickey and Donald at AKingdom or Chef Mickeys at Contemporary...enjoy..Ted

[This message was edited by tednvon on 02-27-01 at 04:38 PM.]

We saw it a couple of years ago when my DD was 8 and she really didn't enjoy it, in fact she like the Horseshoe Revue in Frontierland better. Me and DH wasn't that overwhelmed by it either, we were seated upstairs and that may have made a difference. The Horseshoe is good and free plus not as long so you may consider that. I hope this helps.

WDW 92,93,94,95,96,97,97,98,99,00,00

We saw it last year with our 4 years 1 month daughter and it was one of the highlights of her trip. She clapped along swung her napkin and just loved it. The next day she was singing "Hoop Dee doo, Hoop dee doo" It was really cute. She didn't eat much because of all the activity. The constant song and dance kept her rivited.

We loved the show. At the time I had a 5 and 10 year old, Both kids loved it.

Luvdisney!
mickey17.gif

WDW '71 off
WDW '76 Con
DL '88
WDW '95 Dolphin
WDW '98 CS
WDW '00 Dolphin, CBR, Wonder

We saw the show 2 years ago with our 4 year old DD and all she wanted to know is when was this gonna be over ;) DW and I enjoyed the show but the meal left a lot to be desired.

In my opinion kids under 5 might not get a lot out of it, it's a lot of money for food that they are not going to eat. It is a fun show, but I think they would like the show at the Diamond Horseshoe Review in the MK just as well. We actually thought about going to the HDD but our kids are 17, 8, 6, and 3, and would rather spend the money elsewhere sincce the entertainment will keep them from eating (they don't eat much to begin with). We went to the Horseshoe Review in December and they loved it. It's a shorter show and they can get a snack from the snacl bar or not eat at all and then your not out a lot of money.

Robin

We took our 3 kids in December (ages 7, 5 and 2).

We enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as we expected (too many people praised it I think). I would stick with a character meal and go when the kids are a bit older. Our 7 year old thought it was funny.

Have fun whatever you decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!