Hot Topic Alert!!!!!

Rent/Trade board should.......

• continue as is with the current policies.

• be shut down completely.

• be monitored and abusers thrown off the Dis.

• have Rinkwide and Greenban running the show. listings must include a one liner.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Doc - the rental/trade is pretty wonderful.

It has saved me at least twice - when someone cancelled on me at the last minute - brothers......

before I found the Dis rental/trade board I would have just lost those points.

If you follow the FAQ - I don't think anyone should have any problems - using it - or posting to it.

recommend it often on the Dis resorts and orlando forums - plus other BBS. It is a great resource for anyone going to WDW and wants to stay in something a little nicer than moderates - but doesn't or can't pay the price of deluxes from CRO.

It is especially helpful for families of 5 or more. now there is the POR AB section or ASMu suites - but DVC is so much nicer.

leave it as it is - it an't broke - so does not need fixin'.....

now I do see some confused posters - but that is not the moderators fault - and the moderators seem to be deleting posts that don't follow their rules.

I voted for Rink and Green.

I will leaves my views on renting out of it, but I think at minimum, in order to make an ad for a rental, the poster should be at least a DIS Supporter (20 bucks for a global advertisement is cheap IMHO)

The ability to rent points makes our points more valuable. Although I don't ever intend to rent or transfer my points, I would have thought twice about buying if the option were not available in case of a rainy day.

I think it's great that Dis provides the rent/trade board and i hope they don't institute too many restrictions. For me, freedom for the honest is a higher priority than restrictions that may only hinder the dishonest temporarily. If DIS authorities feel the need to add more rules and limits, I hope it is done with great consideration for the consequences to the majority who benefit honestly.

I voted for Rink and Green.

I will leaves my views on renting out of it, but I think at minimum, in order to make an ad for a rental, the poster should be at least a DIS Supporter (20 bucks for a global advertisement is cheap IMHO)

Sounds like a great plan to me!

I have never rented before and don't really plan on it. When we bought one of our contracts there were a few points that needed to be used in a couple months and that happened to be our busy time at our business so we could not spend any time away from it so they just expired. I would love to have someone at the Dis take over the renting and transferring for us. Of course for a fee. I know that really would be a business but sure would take the burden off of us.

I voted rinkwide and greenban too!

Those two guys are some of the funniest, cleverest and most moral people I have ever met on the web.

Besides, that rinkwide is so good looking! And he has a large supply of DVC points, he booked a BWV GV!

-Tony

P.S. DUmbo71 should be another moderator for that board!

-Tony

(I was banned for a week, that's what took so long!)

I would love to have someone at the Dis take over the renting and transferring for us. Of course for a fee. I know that really would be a business but sure would take the burden off of us.

Oh don't worry our buddy Daddio is already doing this over at his site. What a standup guy!! Always looking to help other members.

I think this is a DVC issue. They need to monitor activity on member's accounts. The Dis is for information and fun, not policing people's actions. As another posted said, they'd just go somewhere else!

I think this is a DVC issue. They need to monitor activity on member's accounts. The Dis is for information and fun, not policing people's actions. As another posted said, they'd just go somewhere else!

The only problem is that some people think it IS fun to police other people's actions...:confused3

Is it me or does the picture of Rinkwide beating his drum look like the Geico caveman...

I voted for Rinkwide and Greenban.

As far as the board goes, I was able to find a member to transfer points to about 3 years ago, when we were not going to be able to go and had to cancel our ressie past our 100% banking deadline. It was nice to be able to find someone so quickly. Transaction was consumated via PayPal and it was done. Almost too easy.......

I think that I would do a transfer again, but I do not believe that I would ever rent my points.

I personally do not like aspect of booking a room and then attempting to rent it, or ebay-ing it, so I will not do it. Too each their own.

In a way I wish there was a transfer only board, and eliminate the rental board(sorry) but IMO that would really halt commercial renting, and other problems. I know some members are getting ticked that they can not even get their waitlists, but non-dvc members can. But it can stay the same for all I care...I don't rent points, but might need points one day.

When we first became DVC members I was so worried about how to use the points EVERY year. I have learned so much on the disboards and then the Rent/trade board. I would not be to hard on the newbies that reply to a expiring points post, they truly do not understand. Just like, I know, that I did not understand the first thing. I am thankful that we have the rental option. The points expiring was a big concern of mine. Renting the points was offered as a option to me to help close the deal. I have often wondered, if when I see a resale with all the prior UY's points with it, if the DVC member did not know about the disboards, and the points had been expiring. Just a thought.

I think that there should be referrals allowed from other member thread. That way we could all police it through honesty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter