Hotel for Stars Wars After Hours

natfrac

Mouseketeer
I was able to score a couple of tickets for the Star Wars After Hours event in August--yay--but now to find a room...My biggest concern is the safety of walking around Anaheim in the wee hours. Right now, my best choices appear to be Paradise Pier or the Tropicana across the street. Any opinions on which would be the better choice?

We find the Tropicana to be fine, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, especially when you won't get back to your room until 1:30 or so, it's basically right across the street. We've never had any problems walking around Anaheim, have stayed at Red Lion by Toy Story lot and walked from Disneyland after midnight. Have stayed at Tropicana and walked to the Convention Center at 4 am. There are homeless people sleeping but we've never had anyone bother us. We're staying at Desert Inn & Suites. I'm sure there will be plenty of people walking from the park when the event is over.

I used to leave my hotel on Harbor early in the AM (like 4-ish) to take part in the runDisney events, and never felt unsafe. Likely you will have many people leaving around the same time as you so there will be groups walking towards the hotels along there you can "join".

Glad to hear that Harbor’s not too bad. We stopped staying on Harbor a number of years ago because we felt uncomfortable at times.

We scored tickets for that night too!! And were debating on the Tropicana or Paradise too!! Ended up choosing Paradise!

See you there!

Glad to hear that Harbor’s not too bad. We stopped staying on Harbor a number of years ago because we felt uncomfortable at times.

There are still homeless people on Harbor, but they don’t bother you. If the homeless people make you uncomfortable, they are still there. No judgment at all, just letting you know.

I’m from Portland, so I’m certainly used to a large homeless population. What made us uncomfortable were large groups of young people. I know that sounds weird, but they started a fight in a nearby parking lot and another large group taunted my (at the time) young son. We also had someone try to break in our room in the middle of the night. After that, I became an on-site only person.

I’m from Portland, so I’m certainly used to a large homeless population. What made us uncomfortable were large groups of young people. I know that sounds weird, but they started a fight in a nearby parking lot and another large group taunted my (at the time) young son. We also had someone try to break in our room in the middle of the night. After that, I became an on-site only person.

I started reading and got excited that someone else is from Portland too! And was thinking they should totally be used to it!!!

But then I kept be reading... I've never come across that. That is nuts!! goodness!!!

We also had someone try to break in our room in the middle of the night.
I've heard a couple of stories about this on facebook groups. Although I don't remember the names. Make sure to read Yelp reviews before booking. The places that had attempted or actual break ins had really poor Yelp reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!