Hotel recommendation - pools that don't have a ton of ball throwing going on

When we go it's August & pretty hot so we try and swim every day - maybe if we go earlier in the day, hopefully less crowded. Angi, I thought I remembered you answering a water park question a ways back. I'm just curious, do they have ball throwing in the pools or lazy rivers at Blizzard Brach or Typhoon Lagoon?

Have you been to those? I think you are being facetious, but if not, you arent really comparing equal things, but i would not tell you to go there to not be splashed, run into, etc.

However, the lazy rivers in both I dont remember seeing a ball, per se, but there are floats everywhere, kids swimming/walking/ splashing freely, etc. There is definite chance of being splashed, bumped, etc.

The pools are very different at the two parks. Typhoon lagoon has such incredibly strong waves every few minutes that there is no relaxing, even at the waters edge. You most assuredly will get bumped, pushed, splashed, knocked over, and maybe even trampled 😳

Blizzard Beach is FULL of tubes. People holding on to each others tubes, bobbing, bouncing, splashing kicking, running into other peoples tubes, etc. I do feel as though I have seen beach balls at that one.

When we go it's August & pretty hot so we try and swim every day - maybe if we go earlier in the day, hopefully less crowded. Angi, I thought I remembered you answering a water park question a ways back. I'm just curious, do they have ball throwing in the pools or lazy rivers at Blizzard Brach or Typhoon Lagoon?
I am not much on the water parks. Only been to Blizzard Beach once. So I'm of no help, sorry.

I will say if you are looking for laid back and low key with little agitation, don't go to either of the water parks.

My son and husband are ball throwers - always with a very soft ball, and the lifeguards have checked every time. They only do it when the pool is not crowded and they try hard to find a quiet spot away from other people, but it is amazing the number of times they have to move or switch spots because people decide they have to stand and chat right in the middle of where they are throwing, even if there are lots of empty spots around. Not in any way saying that the OP does this. It always surprises us when people do though!

We have season passes to our local water park. So I can't speak for the WDW water parks, I've never seen anyone throwing a ball around at Water Country USA. Part of it, is there are rides everywhere, so everyone is constantly moving. Also the lifeguards are pretty strict.

honestly, it's situational. if you're going to disney during any busy time of the year you shouldn't be shocked if people are throwing balls in the pool, regardless of where you are staying. if people are throwing the ball in the pool away from everyone there is no reason to complain to anyone unless they hit you. however, if you are in a packed pool and people start throwing balls i completely get why someone would notify lifeguards. remember, this is disney world, where the ARE younger people who play in pools so this should not be a surprise. if you don't want ball throwing go to the hot tub and wait until they are done, or simply switch pools.

I don't know of any WDW resort which advertises their pools as ball-less. Granted I don't think hard balls should be allowed to be thrown in or around occupied pools using what happened to the OP as an example, but don't see lifeguards policing of this unless there are complaints from those being hit.

When someone gets hurt by someone else's dangerous or improper actions, including by thrown balls, it is time to take things up with management. Included would be holding and identifying miscreants in a manner comparable to handling car crashes, so an aggrieved person can go after a miscreant. Disney is free to impose consequences and sanctions on the miscreant. When problems occur repeatedly, the owner of the premises may have some responsibility in the matter and compensation should be discussed. It might range from several extra fastpasses to covering treatment at Celebration Hospital.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter