Hotels on I-Drive

Dave Cousins

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys,

Could anyone possibly recommend a nice hotel on I-Drive please? We are hoping to book a last minute trip for end of June (ish) time frame and I want to keep a look out for good hotels.

Any advice would be great...
Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave :)
I'm just popping this onto trip planning so you get more replies :)

....... just to add, if you want to stay at the quiet end, the Sheraton World is a nice hotel. I haven't stayed there for a few years - before they built the tower, but I know people who have and liked it. You can walk to Sea World from the Sheraton.

Dave,

You might want to consider the Wyndham. We stayed there a couple of years ago and were happy with it. And since then it has been extensively renovated. More info on their Web site.

we were quite happy with the Clarion Universal - nothing flash just your standard american hotel, but we had no complaints and it was in a good location, just off i-drive and near wet n wild - it's quite cheap too.

Bev

Godd 3 star is Quality Inn Plaza

Good 4 star is Holiday Inn International

I've stayed at both obviously I prefer Holiday Inn International but it is more expensive. I prefere the Quality inn Plaza to the Quality Inn International, just my opinion.

I would definately stay at the Wyndham just haven't got round to that one yet. I also have friends who stayed at the Clarion Universal and they thought it was also good.

I really liked the Rosen Centre at the quieter end of I-Drive.
I also liked the Amerisuites which is very good value and also offers breakfast and fridge/microwave. We have booked to stay at the Wyndham in August. This hotel always seems to get good reviews.
Tracy

Hey Dave. We stayed Sheraton world couple of years ago - great place and good location. Like Shirley says, you can walk to Sea World from this hotel, literally 3-4 mins away. It's down the quiet end of I-Drive, so a car is preferable, but the IDrive Trolly stops right outside. There's a great Bennigans opposite the hotel, plus all the IDrive facilities just up the road. From our room each night we had a great view of the fireworks at Sea World:D

I stayed at the Best Western Plaza last year (3*). It was very basic but the hotel was really clean and they provide free transport to all the parks.

I wouldn't hesitate about staying there again

Dave,

We've also stayed at the Omni Center and it's a really nice hotel. There are quite a few restaurants close by and it's just across the road from Pointe Orlando. We've also been inside the Peabody (to eat at the B-Line Diner) which is also at the quiet end of I-Drive, and that's nice too.

I stayed at the Wyndham on IDrive/Sandlake Road a coupel of times when it was the Marriotte. It's a nice hotel and in a good location. There are cheaper hotels that are clean and adiquate but if you plan on spending anytime at your own hotel I would recommend the Wyndham as it has a great pool area and other facilities.

We also stayed at The Best Western Plaza last year, basic, rooms are v clean & big, nice pool area, loads of restaurants nearby. You could also try the Rodeway Inn. We haven't stayed there, but friends have and are going back again this year.

The above mentioned Wyndham is a nice hotel but I would also recommend the Embassy Suites Jamaican Court which is just opposite.
Nice place if a bit more pricey.
Works out much cheaper if you are a large family as each suite sleeps six.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in December - really clean and comfortable and only 5 mins off I Drive. They did a great complementary breakfast too - bagels, cereals, toast, muffins, juice, coffee etc - great start to the morning. There was also transport to WDW if you wanted.

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter