Hotwire question

pauladrn

Mouseketeer
I just booked POFQ for 8/3-8/4 through Hotwire "hot rate" for $113, plus taxes, fees, insurance, for 3 adults, one child. I tried to link with my Disney experience and it wouldn't link. I know when I've booked Swan or Dolphin it took a day or so to get it to link. I haven't used Hotwire, only Orbitz. Has anyone booked through Hotwire lately? Thanks

Hi, not sure if you were able to get it to link already, but if not, when I've booked through Orbitz in the past, I have called Disney directly and they were able to manually find my reservation and link it to my Disney Experience. Question about your Hotwire "Hot Rate" booking, were you reasonably sure it was POFQ when you booked? I am seeing it potentially for some dates later in July but want to make sure it isn't too good to be true. Thanks!

Hi, not sure if you were able to get it to link already, but if not, when I've booked through Orbitz in the past, I have called Disney directly and they were able to manually find my reservation and link it to my Disney Experience. Question about your Hotwire "Hot Rate" booking, were you reasonably sure it was POFQ when you booked? I am seeing it potentially for some dates later in July but want to make sure it isn't too good to be true. Thanks!
I called both hotwire and Disney. Disney said they didn't see the reservation, and Hotwire said they won't have the Disney reservation # until 1 week before. When I've booked with Orbitz, they always had the number right away. I'm going to call again, maybe the person I spoke to was misinformed.
And I was pretty sure from the amenities listed that it was pofq, plus I filtered so it only showed the hotels with airport shuttle, in the Bonnet Creek area. It was the 3.5 star with 90% recommendation with the following amenities
Complimentary
Free InternetFree parking
Amenities
Airport shuttleFitness centerPool(s)ResortRestaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free rooms.
***Its a great deal! The only drawback would be getting your Disney reservation #, especially for DME and your FP. We have AP so we can make our FP, but I still need to book DME. I'm going to call Hotwire back and will post what they tell me.

I called both hotwire and Disney. Disney said they didn't see the reservation, and Hotwire said they won't have the Disney reservation # until 1 week before. When I've booked with Orbitz, they always had the number right away. I'm going to call again, maybe the person I spoke to was misinformed.
And I was pretty sure from the amenities listed that it was pofq, plus I filtered so it only showed the hotels with airport shuttle, in the Bonnet Creek area. It was the 3.5 star with 90% recommendation with the following amenities
Complimentary
Free InternetFree parking
Amenities
Airport shuttleFitness centerPool(s)ResortRestaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free rooms.
***Its a great deal! The only drawback would be getting your Disney reservation #, especially for DME and your FP. We have AP so we can make our FP, but I still need to book DME. I'm going to call Hotwire back and will post what they tell me.
***Update*** I called Hotwire back and a very helpful lady called Disney for me and got my reservation #.. I was able to link to MDE and made my DME reservation as well. And when linked the reservation stated garden view room. So, it was a total of $144.63 that price includes taxes and fees, plus trip insurance for 3 adults one child. Awesome deal, it would have been $245 not including taxes, and insurance through Disney. I'm very happy. I was originally booked at Pop for that night for slightly less with AP, cancelled Pop. Good luck!

WOW @pauladrn that is an amazing deal, congrats!!! So happy you were able to get it all linked in your account. Apparently we waited too long and the potential POFQ deal we wanted is now gone (figures!) but we will keep an eye on it, maybe something will pop up again. Appreciate your reply and have a great stay at POFQ!!

I booked through Hotwire recently. After booking, I called the Disney reservation number. They forwarded me to the "Wholesale Team" who provided me with my Disney reservation number. I was able to link this in MDE.

I just booked YC for next weekend for 200 a night that includes taxes and fees. They have a coupon right now over $200 get $30 off. I am glad since we are Silver Pass holders and they lifted the blackout. I guess it worked that they are selling rooms and getting more there. SaveBigHotel Is the code.

I just booked YC for next weekend for 200 a night that includes taxes and fees. They have a coupon right now over $200 get $30 off. I am glad since we are Silver Pass holders and they lifted the blackout. I guess it worked that they are selling rooms and getting more there. SaveBigHotel Is the code.
I used that code as well on my pofq room. I was surprised because it was $97 a night I didn't think it would work. I guess the taxes are incl in the $200 total.
YC is my fave so I was super tempted to grab it, but we are doing 2 days and will be in the parks the whole time so seemed silly to spend the extra. I will be back with the whole fam in oct at YC...and at a much higher rate.

I used that code as well on my pofq room. I was surprised because it was $97 a night I didn't think it would work. I guess the taxes are incl in the $200 total.
YC is my fave so I was super tempted to grab it, but we are doing 2 days and will be in the parks the whole time so seemed silly to spend the extra. I will be back with the whole fam in oct at YC...and at a much higher rate.
Yes once taxes and fees get it above $200 the coupon kicked in. With us only being an hour and half away I am going to start using it more if possible.

We are thinking about a trip in December. When might the cheaper prices show up? Right now it lists something for 3 beds at $389. It says the last person got Pop. I'm hoping for something better. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter