How best to go about checking out resorts in person?

countrypilot

Earning My Ears
I'm taking a special trip with my wife next weekend just to see in-person the DVC resorts we're interested in purchasing. I made a real estate purchase once sight unseen and will never make that mistake again. We arrive at 4 PM Saturday and leave Sunday at 10 PM Sunday. We're staying at the Hilton in Disney Springs thanks to a super cheap online purchase. Instead of renting a car we're going to take a Lyft to and from the airport and have all of our transportation to the resorts figured out. We're interested in visiting Old Key West, Saratoga Springs Resort, Bay Lake Towers, Animal Kingdom Villas and BoardWalk / Beach Club.

I just learned that there are guards / security at the different resorts. Any suggestions on making sure we can gain access to look around? Are there any resorts where it shouldn't be a problem? I'm guessing SSR since a DVC office is there. I was thinking about making a couple of meal reservations at the trickier places such as BW/BC and Animal Kingdom Villas. I realize seeing the rooms is probably not going to happen, but I would like to at least see the amenities and walk around to get a feel for the resorts. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hi, Yes there are guards at the entrance to all the resorts. If you hold a dining reservation, they will allow you in to park. Have you considered at DVC tour? Other than dining, I'd suggest going to Disney Springs, park there and bus/boat to any resorts you'd like to visit. have fun!

Hi, Yes there are guards at the entrance to all the resorts. If you hold a dining reservation, they will allow you in to park. Have you considered at DVC tour? Other than dining, I'd suggest going to Disney Springs, park there and bus/boat to any resorts you'd like to visit. have fun!
Okay so I won't have a car. Plan is to take a boat from Disney Springs to OKW or SSR. Then take the bus to Magic Kingdom and walk over to BLT? Is there a guard that would prevent us from walking in there to BLT. Will take skyliner from HS to BW/BC.

You can take a bus from any resort to Animal Kingdom Park, then get on a bus there to AKV.

Hilton is right across the street from DS. Disney Springs has boat service to SSR and OKW as well as a walkway to SSR. Just walking around will give you a good feel for both resorts. They are both large and spread out.

You should have your driver drop you off at TTC and hop the monorail...take the RESORT monorail to The Contemporary. You won't be able to get over to the DVC side but you'll get the vibe. If you have extra time you should stop via the Resort Monorail at the Poly and GFV. If you want to see BRV and CCR you can take a boat from MK and back. I think you should see them ALL if possible.

Have your driver drop you at BWV. BWV is a public area so you can go into the lobby and get the vibe. BCV is across the lake and you should hop on the boat to get over there. It's a small resort and more private but no one will bother you.

If you want a nice lunch or dinner I recommend Boma at AKL. Plan to get there at least an hour or so before your reservation so you can walk around the magnificent lobby and then see the animals. We always sit by the indoor fireplace after dinner - it is lovely. This resort is worth lingering in...

Rooms are off limits at all resorts but you can see photos and videos online. Each resort has so much to love and you should go in with an open mind and prepare to be surprised - follow your heart and you will find your "home(s)"! Enjoy!

Yes, you can walk from MK to BLT. Are you arriving at any resort by car? If not, I would not be concerned. If you are walking or coming by resort transportation you should have no problem accessing the resort.

You can always ask at desk if they an open DVC room you see. They may not but we asked at AKV and they were able to show us a room. I believe we were at lunch at Sana’a so we saw a room at Kidani.

After you visit BLT, you could walk back to MK and take a bus back to any resort as well BCV or BWV included, except Poly or VGF.

If you want to visit Poly or VGF you could grab one of the resort boats to either resort and just walk over to either after your done looking around.

Anyone can walk into a resort. You cannot swim or use fitness centers, but resorts themselves are open.

No you can't. In prior years this was true, but not today. You must have a reason, not just "looking around". A dinner reservation is a valid reason. If going to Boardwalk, you can claim shopping too, I would guess. We were turned away 3 weeks ago from the RIV, had to make a back entrance through the Skyliner. Busses can always be used to avoid the guard.

ake the RESORT monorail to The Contemporary. You won't be able to get over to the DVC side but you'll get the vibe. [/QUOTE said:
Great suggestions!!! Why won't I be able to access BLT from the Contemporary?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter