How Big Are the Drops on Space Mountain?

AmoDolphin

<font color=3333CC>Future Marine Biologist<br><fon
So, how big are the drops on Space Mountain? My mom and brother sa that they're tiny, even smaller than Thunder Mountains! They are also the ones that are trying to get me on it..I HATE ROLLER COASTERS. How big are they, in your oppinion? I WILL go, but I want to know. (I haven't been on the ride since i was about 6.... :blush: :blush: ) (I should add, on the HV, I said I hated it..)(I MUST add, I was afraid of Splash for a while,then, thanks to my mom, it is one of my favorite rides.)

Thanks!

hey wuts up?
when i was younger i used to be terrified of splash and space mountain. it took me forever to finally get on them but i loved them.(big thunder mountain will always be my favorite though). anywayz, the drops in space mountain aren't too big, but what makes the drops so scary is they're so sudden and you dont know when the next one's coming. thats what makes space mountain so fun. you'll be pretty nervous the first time you ride it, but after that its a lot of fun. oh, and they are a lot bigger than the drops on thunder mountain. there's one drop on space mountain that never fails to get a loud scream out of me...lol. have fun!

I'm also not a big fan of roller coasters, but the drops really aren't bad at all. If you can handle the drop on Splash Mountain, then you should do fine on Space Mountain. The only difference is that you can't see where they are, which might make it a bit scary. But I'd give it a try- you never know, you might like it!

TowerOfTerrorFreak said:
Thunder Mountain has drops?!?!

:rotfl:
My thoughts exactly. I think of it as more of "hills" and bumps in the track than drops. I mean, come on, it isn't a drop unless you come up off the seat! :earseek:

Briarprincess said:
My thoughts exactly. I think of it as more of "hills" and bumps in the track than drops. I mean, come on, it isn't a drop unless you come up off the seat! :earseek:

Well, I do....

wdwgirl03 said:
I'm also not a big fan of roller coasters, but the drops really aren't bad at all. If you can handle the drop on Splash Mountain, then you should do fine on Space Mountain. The only difference is that you can't see where they are, which might make it a bit scary. But I'd give it a try- you never know, you might like it!

How do they compare? Is Splash a WHOLE lot bigger. please...please...

AmoDolphin said:
How do they compare? Is Splash a WHOLE lot bigger. please...please...

I'd say the drops on Space Mountain are smaller. I guess the best advice I can give you is to give it a try. The worst that can happen is that you don't like it, but atleast you've tried it so then you know how you feel about the ride.

Yeah, I'm going to go on it. Hey, I faced my fears on Splash in 2002, why not give Space a chance?!?! :earboy2:

the drops aren't all that bad, it's just really dark, and it goes fast and has alot of sharp turns. I luv rollercoasters so i go on alot, this isn't the intenst i've been on. :banana: :banana:

the drops on space mountain arent bad at all, the drop on splash mountain is huge compared to space mountain, theres only one fairly long drop on space mountain and id say its about 15ft at the most. Its not bad at all, you'll love space mountain. :teeth:

15ft at MOST!?!? (Wait..how do I know if you're lying to me?) YEAH! :Pinkbounc

lol im not lieing to you, i wouldnt lie....the biggest drop isnt bad at all...i'll search and see how big it actually is but id say its not bigger than 15-20 ft.

The drops are small. Plus, they really don't seem that long, because it's in the dark. They are very sudden, though. It is a pretty fun ride.

Oh, and by the way, I hate roller coasters, too. :crazy:

i used to be so afraid of going on space mountain, now its my favorite ride!!! i really hate rollar coasters too, but it really isn't that bad. it just seems bad b/c its in the dark. i read that the biggest "hill" is only 6ft and it only travels at about 27 mph. don't worry, space and thunder are the only ones i go on...nothing with loops...so its nothing to worry about!!! ;)

the drops arent bad at all....i think at the end if i remeber correctly there is like a medium but nooo biggy.... ;)

:wave2: p.s. i also see that on ur siganitureu like josh groban....i like him too...my mom looooooooveeesss himmm shes obsessed she listens to him 24/7

TowerOfTerrorFreak said:
The drops are small. Plus, they really don't seem that long, because it's in the dark. They are very sudden, though. It is a pretty fun ride.

Oh, and by the way, I hate roller coasters, too. :crazy:

Oh, good, I thought I was the only one here...

And thanks, ya'll! This was really helpful!

jiminy8 said:
:wave2: p.s. i also see that on ur siganitureu like josh groban....i like him too...my mom looooooooveeesss himmm shes obsessed she listens to him 24/7

I'm going to marry him! I love him!

And My mom likes him, too. She and I LOVE "You Raise Me Up", "When You Say You Love Me", (and by the way, he's talkin' to me! :rolleyes: ;) ), "Remember When It Rained", and "Believe". She has down loaded them to her PDA, and now doesn't stop listing to them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!