How budget friendly was everyone's weekend?

Friday $0 went to a makeup workout class and ate at home

Saturday: used a $10 rebate Visa gift for gas, so $0 out of pocket. $48 for alterations to my MOH dress for a wedding in 2 weeks. $50 for some random necessities at Publix

Sunday: Ran a 5k and ate at home $0

Not too bad!

friday nights we always have movie night at our house with the neighbors and their kiddos. they bring wine and and salad and we get the pizza :jumping1:
so $48 for pizza
sat went to a birthday party and then out to dinner with some hs friends i havent seen in FOREVER but one of them insisted on buying our dinner
so sat $0
today we went to another birthday party and had dinner at home
$0
(i did buy a christmas dress for my daughter though)
$32

We didn't do too bad at all! Friday we ate at home and stayed in, so $0!

Saturday is our grocery shopping day, but we were able to meal plan around a lot of meat we had stockpiled in the freezer, so it was only $32 for that plus $4 since we split some chik fil a

Today we only spent about $10! We went to the dollar store for 3 things, split a piece of pizza at QT because we were starved, and then i came home and ordered a beach towel for my cousin and her girlfriend's christmas gift basket for $5 from walmart and chose in store pickup to save on shipping! Not too bad at all!

I budget during the week so I can spend on the weekend.
Saturday, gas tank getaway to a small town 90 miles from here. $25 for gas. $38 for lunch. $14 for candy. $20 for a necklace my wife had to have. Dinner out when we got home $40.
Sunday, grocery shopping $175. Fancy coffees $8.75 Gassing up cars for work week, $50.

Friday. DD came home for weekend, all of us ate supper at home including the boyfriend.
Saturday DH could not be in the field (farms) so he wanted to go out and eat and see a movie. 3 of us chose five guys $28. Two picked fire house subs $17. Movie $40 pop popcorn $30.
Sunday DH made all of us breakfast. The kids mowed a farm house yard so they were paid $50 total. Made food for DD to take back. Took her to the train and returned shirts DH did not want and he did not pick any more that he did want; the store I got them from is close to where we take DD to the train.
Going to go do 2 surveys, one for a free ice cream, one for a free sandwich.

Much better than last weekend!!! (DH's 40th birthday party).

This weekend, we didn't buy any food out. We went to a birthday party on Saturday ($2.25 for tolls and $15 for present) and today it was nice enough to go to the beach! ($1 for tolls and the cost of gas). Did some small grocery shops, and bought my boss a bottle of wine ($15) for Boss's day tomorrow. This upcoming weekend also looks like it'll be relatively inexpensive/free.

I worked all weekend lol sooooo yeahhhh... maybe $20 in coffee and energy drinks?

Not friendly at all. Today is my daughter’s 18th birthday so there were decorations, cake, and dinner for everyone to buy.

My DH's daughter got married on Saturday. I shudder to think of how much we spent, all in:
  • Shared in paying for the hall rental
  • Shared in paying for her gown
  • Shared in paying for the liquor and bar mixers
  • Completely paid for the banquet (120 guests)
  • Completely paid for the decor
  • Completely paid for the photographer
  • Paid for tux rentals for DH and DS
  • Bought a new dress and shoes in my "assigned" colour (LOL)
  • Paid for 5 nights in a hotel, meals and gas for 3 separate vehicles to travel to the destination
:faint:

I think we spent around 120.00 on Saturday Gas was around 50 for gas. 40.00 for a couple of items. And a little to eat out on. I guess I could have waited to eat at home, but I was hungry. I guess it is time for the grocery store. Geez. I hate spending money. I am home all the time so I am not out spending money. DH is the one who does the spending not me. lol

Much better than last weekend!!! (DH's 40th birthday party).

This weekend, we didn't buy any food out. We went to a birthday party on Saturday ($2.25 for tolls and $15 for present) and today it was nice enough to go to the beach! ($1 for tolls and the cost of gas). Did some small grocery shops, and bought my boss a bottle of wine ($15) for Boss's day tomorrow. This upcoming weekend also looks like it'll be relatively inexpensive/free.
I am so grateful we don't live near toll booths. That would zap us dry.

Saturday, gas tank getaway to a small town 90 miles from here. $25 for gas. $38 for lunch. $14 for candy. $20 for a necklace my wife had to have. Dinner out when we got home $40.
Sunday, grocery shopping $175. Fancy coffees $8.75 Gassing up cars for work week, $50.
I was going to tell you in Placerville there is a restaurant called the Buttercup, they have Beef liver and onions. It is a good place to eat.

Saturday I had to run to Walmart to buy a covered kitty litter setup along with fresh litter (and an accompanying mess that I won't go into here:crazy2:) So that plus some food and veggies was around $50 unexpected dollars.... spent about another $50 on food and drinks for a campfire gathering on our back deck for 20 friends..... lots of fun for not much $ so that's all good! so not as bad as it could be

We do the same.
Though I grocery shop during the week (yay for online grocery shopping in PJs while the kid is asleep!!)
We have a budget spreadsheet that we've been using for years. We both update it in real time and we have a yearly meeting about it where we talk about where we went over and under and move numbers around.
It's been a real marriage saver. We almost never argue about money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter