How can I get health insurance companies to stop calling me?

LittleMissMagic

Victoria on Vacation
So I asked my father for advice on what health insurance to get, since my new employer does not offer health insurance, and instead of recommending some companies or just telling me that he didn't have any advice and I should just do my own research, he entered my phone number into the Affordable Health Care Website (without my permission)!!!

So last Friday at 6AM PST I get a phone call from someone telling me that they have the health insurance quote that I requested. After the third call, I realized that something was up, and called my father to learn that I would be getting a lot of phone calls from health insurance companies, and I should get quotes and compare offers. Well, it's completely overwhelming, getting calls from 30+ different health insurance companies, so eventually I just sign up for one that has low rates. I gave them my payment information, and they told me that they would put my number on a Do Not Call List, and if I receive more calls, tell them to "put me on the Do Not Call List". Well, now it's Tuesday, and I'm still receiving phone calls starting at 6AM and telling people to put me on the Do Not Call List.

Yesterday I went online to the Do Not Call List website to register myself, and they told me that I had already registered my number..... in 2013!

What can I do? Is there some way to block unknown numbers from a specific area code (they all call from my area code, which is EST, even though I live in California now)? I don't know how much longer I can continue to patiently tell people to put me on the Do Not Call List before I go insane.

On a side note, if you ever wish to prank your enemy, just go to the Affordable Health Care website and enter their phone number - they'll be getting an absurd amount of phone calls and have no idea why!

The Do Not Call List will do you no good for your situation, as the entry of your number was taken as your invitation to call. Yes, I understand you did not enter your number, but how would these companies know that?

The Do Not Call List will do you no good for your situation, as the entry of your number was taken as your invitation to call. Yes, I understand you did not enter your number, but how would these companies know that?

Ah, yes, I understand that the Do Not Call List is not working which is why I'm actually looking for other solutions, if someone has one to offer.

You're going to have to die. ;)

Even that wouldn't stop it haha. Seriously though I'd turn off my ringer and ignore calls for a couple of weeks (no one I know actually calls anymore it's all texts so I usually never answer a ringing phone).

You can ask the next person who calls to take you off the list. I was getting constant calls one day, like one after the other, of people wanting to give me mortgage quotes I woke up that morning to tons of messages on my phone from mortgage brokers wanting me to call back to discuss quotes. I was so baffled that by about the tenth call I asked what the heck was going on. The lady told me that my number was entered in a web site for people requesting mortgage quotes. Your info is sent every mortgage company known to man and they all call you. I told her I did not put my number in and was not interested. She apologized and said she would delete my number out of the system and I did not get any more calls.

Ah, yes, I understand that the Do Not Call List is not working which is why I'm actually looking for other solutions, if someone has one to offer.
No other solution I know of, other than taking the call and asking to be removed from the list and hope they do. They are now exempt from the do not call list because someone, without your permission, requested the information, and that establishes a business relationship with them.

I just stopped answering the phone. They can leave a message and I can decide if I want to listen or not.

I believe that solicitation calls are not allowed before 8am. I would be telling that to anyone who dared call me at 6am.

You should check with your state Attorney General if these don’t stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter