How can those on scooters do Pandora?

I went last week and I use an ECV. At rope drop we headed to the back of the park and did Safari and EE twice. Messed around and then headed to pandora since we had a FP for FOP for 11. There were lots of people but it seemed more manageable than previous time at rope drop. Stand by lines were 3 hrs +

Just got back yesterday. They are better at forming the FoP queue, although if it's 4-5 hours long that means you are waiting over by FoLK. The area is busy but wasn't anywhere near as packed as the above photo. If that's rope drop, then avoid rope drop. Go to the EMH hours, or at least wait until they form the queue.

I was in Pandora on June 5. My sister, on her EVC, and I walked right into the area with no problem whatsoever about 1:15 pm. Most people were in the lines setup, 2-3 across in designated areas, so there was plenty of room to walk/scoot around and see the area. We did not do FOP, but had a FP for NRJ and that line was quite simple for my sister to navigate.

I have an additional question/worry for ECV users. Is it difficult to navigate at night? Pictures have looked like it is very dark in Pandora.

thing about Pandora is that pretty much everyone going in the gate at rope drop runs straight there instead of spreading out to other areas of the park. Yes, it is going to be the most crowded within a couple of hours after rope drop.

The crowds have been mad and the queue times long as I've been checking on the App.

Although it's still Summer, I know some school in the US are back, but some are still off and currently peak holiday time for most of Europe and the UK. So the crowds will still be swelled with people getting a Holiday in before the kids are back in September.

I think we really need someone going in September time, to report back, to get a bit more of a balanced view

As long as the OP isn't going over any big holiday time ( I am assuming over Thanksgiving and Christmas the crowds will go mad for Pandora again) it will be okay to move around in..

Still probably busier than other parts of the park but nothing on the scale of what we're seeing now.

I have an additional question/worry for ECV users. Is it difficult to navigate at night? Pictures have looked like it is very dark in Pandora.
I have only been one time at night and I found new fantcy land at the MK hard to get around then pandora. you could get a small light for your ECV ( my friend has the kind out wear on your head) it is around her basket and pointed down it dose a good job of lighting up just in front of her, and she has never had a problem with it pointing in people eyes ( I will walk right behind her and hold on to her ECV and look down right were the light is)

The crowds have been mad and the queue times long as I've been checking on the App.

Although it's still Summer, I know some school in the US are back, but some are still off and currently peak holiday time for most of Europe and the UK. So the crowds will still be swelled with people getting a Holiday in before the kids are back in September.

I think we really need someone going in September time, to report back, to get a bit more of a balanced view

As long as the OP isn't going over any big holiday time ( I am assuming over Thanksgiving and Christmas the crowds will go mad for Pandora again) it will be okay to move around in..

Still probably busier than other parts of the park but nothing on the scale of what we're seeing now.
I won't be at Animal Kingdom until Sept 11. But I can certainly let everyone know.

If someone will be there earlier, please report back.

It was well lit when we were there at night - no need for those in scooters to have their headlights on, as it ruined a lot of the effects, IMO. And didn't do anything but shine a light in people's eyes coming the other way. It didn't make the ground any easier to see, and those walking don't have headlights on and could get around just fine? If you are going at a slow, safe speed, there's plenty of time to react/see what is in front of you. Just follow the flow of traffic.

It was well lit when we were there at night - no need for those in scooters to have their headlights on, as it ruined a lot of the effects, IMO. And didn't do anything but shine a light in people's eyes coming the other way. It didn't make the ground any easier to see, and those walking don't have headlights on and could get around just fine? If you are going at a slow, safe speed, there's plenty of time to react/see what is in front of you. Just follow the flow of traffic.
Most scooters come with a headlight to run at night. They aim toward the ground to see what is right in front of you. It isn't shining in anyone's eyes.

A scooter is a moving vehicle and should, in fact, have a light on it. It allows people to see the scooter. And allows the rider to see the path.

Most scooters come with a headlight to run at night. They aim toward the ground to see what is right in front of you. It isn't shining in anyone's eyes.

A scooter is a moving vehicle and should, in fact, have a light on it. It allows people to see the scooter. And allows the rider to see the path.

The scooters I saw last week had the light aimed up too high. It wasn't shining on the ground in front of them, more like on the thighs of the people ahead of them. Way too high. Perhaps they have that distance in an uncrowded area, but there's no way that the angle worked at WDW. And it wasn't dark enough at the park to need a light, There is plenty of ambient lighting if one goes slowly enough to be careful.

For any one going to pandora with a scooter it is up to you to decided if it is dark enough to use a light ( what someone think is bright enough another will not) some scooter light are pointed more up some are more down. it is up to each scooter user to try there best to keep them self and those around them safe if someone feel the need for a light then turn your lights on, You are never going to please every one. but I would suggest finding an area out of your way and parking your ECV and taking a minute to look around ( even if you are still seated as there really is so much to see that you will not walking ( or rolling) around the area. and if there is a way to adjust your light to aim down then do so.

I'm a big fan of lights on scooters at WDW; especially in crowds; it seems to help with visibility (the visibility of the scooter/rider) at night.

Having said that... When I finally get to visit Pandora, I won't use any lighting at night time; part of the experience is the "bioluminescent" lighting.

We're flying over 4 weeks today (will be halfway over the Atlantic at this exact time). Our AK visit will be on Sunday 24th September. However, we're having breakfast at Boma first and making our way to AK late morning. Our FP for FoP starts at 1.25pm so we're hoping it'll be a case of making our way there, getting a return time for us on DD's DAS and then going into FoP. We'll then return to the Na'vi boat ride after whatever return time we get, bearing in mind we also have a FP for Finding Nemo show at 3.30pm.

We also have FPs for Rivers of Light. If we can then return to Pandora once it's dark so we can see it in the dark, then that will finish off the day very nicely. DD quite fancies trying some of the food in Satu'li as well.

We're flying over 4 weeks today (will be halfway over the Atlantic at this exact time). Our AK visit will be on Sunday 24th September. However, we're having breakfast at Boma first and making our way to AK late morning. Our FP for FoP starts at 1.25pm so we're hoping it'll be a case of making our way there, getting a return time for us on DD's DAS and then going into FoP. We'll then return to the Na'vi boat ride after whatever return time we get, bearing in mind we also have a FP for Finding Nemo show at 3.30pm.

We also have FPs for Rivers of Light. If we can then return to Pandora once it's dark so we can see it in the dark, then that will finish off the day very nicely. DD quite fancies trying some of the food in Satu'li as well.
I'll be at AK on the 24th as well!!!!

We are spending our arrival day there. Our fast pas is for first thing. So we may or may not be in Pandora during the evening.

But I have a light on my scooter, and I will be using it if I feel it is too dark without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!