How crazy is this???

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
With all of the war concerns, I am thinking about cancelling an eastern caribbean cruise my husband and I had planned in late April. In all honesty, even before current events, I had been second thinking being away from my 3 year old for over a week. My question: we can re-route our plane tickets once at no charge and I am thinking about going to WDW May 10-14th. How busy would the parks be? I always go in the off-season and hate the thought of crowds. Lest you think I am a bad mommie, I am planning on taking my 3 year old in December of this year. But, this trip is just for daddie and mommie. LOL Thanks for your input.

I think you are right in changing your plans. May 10th-14th sounds good... you'll just miss Spring Break. Go and have fun with your hubbie and relax. Spend this time with your family though. Keep safe and pray for our troops.

That sounds like a fabulous idea! We've been at the parks that time of year and some days seemed crowded and others not. But think of it...no chasing a 3 year old. You can wait or not wait its just the two of you! There are so many things to enjoy at the parks especially off the beaten path.

Have a wonderful time!

I'm usually in WDW around that time (My birthday is the 11th and more often than not I spend it in the parks :)) It's a great time to be there. Not too busy at all. I guess everyone's waiting until school lets out to go, so it's like the calm before the storm. The one day that may be a little crazy for you is the 11th (Mothers Day) If you're planning on dining somewhere nice on that day, you should make your priority seating reservations as soon as possible.

Wonderful time to do Disney! We were there in 2000 and the crowds weren't bad! And, on Mom's day, you're treated to a lovely flower. In the restaurants, they tend to make a "fuss" out of you! Enjoy!

You and your hubby need time to be a couple, even when you have kids!! Go and have a wonderful time.

If you are set on canceling your cruise, do so, but having been on 5 cruises, I am a fan of them, too. They are great for couples - we honeymooned on the MS Veendam (that was before Disney had their own cruise line!!) and it's a wonderful way to be pampered and relax..............

Whatever you decide, have a great time, and keep praying for our troops and for peace.

May is a lovely time to be at WDW. My dh and I went mid-May last year to see the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. I know traditionally it's supposed to be hot in May, but for the majority of the week, we had the most beautiful weather you could've imagined! By our last full day, the temps had returned to the low 90s, but still not horrible.

Have a wonderful time whatever you choose to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter