How crowded is the park these days, and is Small World being refurbished?

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
We will be there soon and I'm wondering if the crowds are still low. And please tell me Small World is being updated and isn't closed permanently, we love their version.

It's a Small World should be closed for routine maintenance so it will reopen on the 17th.

Crowds are still low (often less than 4,000 guests on weekdays) but Disneyland is using various gimmicks to attract guests so wait times for characters and new seasonal things are not always low. There can be occasional busy days such as the days around the district council election which saw weekend level crowds. Chinese New Year is typically the busiest time of the year for the park but it's hard to predict what this year will look like given that tourism from the mainland has been hit the hardest and many Hong Kongers are planning to spend the holiday abroad to avoid whatever potential clashes that are likely to happen between protesters and police.

Do note that to cut costs, on most Mondays through Thursdays:
  • Karibuni Marketplace is closed and the character greetings there may be cancelled as well
  • Paint the Night is often not shown
  • A random float may be removed from Flights of Fantasy - usually the toy story or lilo and stitch float

My friend was there yesterday...Tomorrowland empty; 10-15 minute waits on everything else!

My friend was there yesterday...Tomorrowland empty; 10-15 minute waits on everything else!

Yesterday already had elevated crowds due to the "end of the year sale". Every day from Jan 11 to Jan 19, members can get a coupon for a free 9 oz popcorn and a ticket to the Pavilion where things are being sold for 50% off. The lines on Saturday were enormous by recent standards. I did see a Cast Member practicing how to set the line for Hyperspace Mountain so I'm guessing HKDL is still expecting crowds for Chinese New Year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts