How difficult is it to get your wedding venue and reception location

MrsHarris2022

Earning My Ears
We are planning a wedding on either Thursday 1/6/22 or Friday 1/7/22 and want the wedding pavilion at 5, then possibly the grand Floridian or Epcot after-we are just now starting to plan. I'm seeing that there is a chance that we won't be able to get our date/location etc and I'm wondering if this happens often and if I should be concerned. We aren't set on the day-could be Friday-Sunday, but 5 is the earliest and the location is a must. Any help or advice would be appreciated-I'm starting to wonder if I should do this-the idea of having to lottery for my wedding time makes me waaaay too nervous

We were in the same boat, the planners work really hard to accommodate your plans. We were either a Thursday or Friday so we just planned accordingly and adjusted slightly when we were told it was Thursday. We were at the wedding pavilion and then made arrangements to have our reception dinner at Yachtsmans steakhouse. It all worked out beautifully and we cherish the memories with family and video/pictures.

I think you're almost at the 16 month mark to reach out to them. I would email and ask if it's available on the date and times you want. I asked for all my locations (ceremony and reception) and they told me everything was available and they'd pencil me in but to follow up closer to 12 months out.

When my niece was planning her wedding she was told Saturday and Friday are the most requested days. She wanted Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and got it, rescheduled for Sunday Labor Day weekend without a problem and last Tuesday rescheduled again for Sunday Memorial Day weekend 2021. It may Also depend On time of year, spring and fall are busiest

We are planning a wedding on either Thursday 1/6/22 or Friday 1/7/22 and want the wedding pavilion at 5, then possibly the grand Floridian or Epcot after-we are just now starting to plan. I'm seeing that there is a chance that we won't be able to get our date/location etc and I'm wondering if this happens often and if I should be concerned. We aren't set on the day-could be Friday-Sunday, but 5 is the earliest and the location is a must. Any help or advice would be appreciated-I'm starting to wonder if I should do this-the idea of having to lottery for my wedding time makes me waaaay too nervous

Make sure you get your request in before the one year mark the odds will be in your favor provide a back up date if you have one just in case.

I would just be prepared for back up plans, just in case. Decide what is most important-date or venue & maybe research a few back ups to pocket away. As others said, Disney will do their very best to accommodate, but you should be ready with some back up options just in case :)

We were concerned about the same issue but got our date without any conflicts. It can still happen though. You are more likely to get the Thursday date without a conflict as weekend's tend to be busier. Good luck getting your date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!