How do I add a new avatar? I have already looked at the frequently asked questions.

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
I have tried looking a the frequently asked question section to find out how to add a new avatar. When I click on the link it automatically takes me right back to the list of forums. Help, please.

click on your username near the top right
this should open your Personal Details page
the second item is for the avatar, just click the box and select a file from your computer or device (the "stock" supply of avatars is no longer available)

upload_2015-2-4_11-24-13.png
upload_2015-2-4_11-26-2.png

3. move whatever you select around in the little box until you like its placement and click ok.

4. If you don't have any on your hard drive you can google for 'Forum Avatars' and find one you like, save it to your hard drive and go back to step 1.

View attachment 952
View attachment 954

3. move whatever you select around in the little box until you like its placement and click ok.

4. If you don't have any on your hard drive you can google for 'Forum Avatars' and find one you like, save it to your hard drive and go back to step 1.

I have everything you showed except the Avatar link ( word ). I took a screen shot, but it won't let me post it here either ( and I know how to do it ). It says I don't have permission. Maybe it's all pictures ? Any suggestions ? Thanks.

I have everything you showed except the Avatar link ( word ). I took a screen shot, but it won't let me post it here either ( and I know how to do it ). It says I don't have permission. Maybe it's all pictures ? Any suggestions ? Thanks.

You'll need to have 10 posts before you can post pictures or upload avatars.. It's an anti-spam measure.

That's odd! Do you have your permissions on your browser locked down tight? I'm wondering if interacting with your hard-drive and clipboard is restricted.

Ah thanks... I'm new around here. I wish I would have read that before I just spent 20 minutes of valuable work time working on it... I mean... ok I probably would have just been playing on Reddit. Thanks !

Hmmm. Reached 10 posts just now but still being told I am not allowed to upload a pic... Do I need to wait for some sort of approval?

Hmmm. Reached 10 posts just now but still being told I am not allowed to upload a pic... Do I need to wait for some sort of approval?

Yes, but I honestly don't know how long...that is something new, you have to reach 10 posts but then there is a bit of a wait. The system needs to recognize that you are a real person and not just spamming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!