How do I plan my day around my CRT ps?

ErinInCT

Someday my tag will come...
I was thrilled to get a ps for CRT but it is at 9:35am which really messes up my MK touring plans!! I don't even want to go on any rides b4 breakfast b/c I am afraid I won't get dd4 to leave. But figuring breakfast may last until around 10:30am or later (?) I have now missed out on the time when crowds are lightest. I am going at the end of Sept so maybe crowds won't even be an issue.
Here is what I planned:
This is our 1st full day so I planned to do all of Fantasyland from the time the park opened until around noon or 1pm & then go back to WLV for lunch/rest/swim. I was hoping to get an early ps (b4 park opened) for CRT or a late enough one that we could do "brunch" & stay a bit later since we wouldn't need to eat lunch.
Now my 9:35am ps throws a major monkey wrench into my plans!! Anyone have some advice on how to plan around this?
I am calling daily to see if any other CRT times open up...ya never know!!!
Thanks for your help!
Erin

Okay, here's a plan for ya. As soon as you hit Fantasyland ride Dumbo, then grab a Fastpass for Pooh and check to see when you can get another Fastpass (it tells you on the bottom of the ticket), go ride Peter Pan, the Carosel & Snow White. I think you should be able to knock those 4 rides out in a half hour as both Dumbo and the carosel are short ones and Snow White's pretty short too, plus you're right there close to the castle anyway. If your ticket says you can get another Fastpass before you need to head into the castle grab one for Mickey's Philharmagic. Just tell your DD that Cinderella is expecting her for breakfast and if she doesn't go, she'll be offended. After breakfast, grab another Fastpass for something? Mickey's Philharmagic if you couldn't get one before breakfast or for a second ride on a favorite, then use your Fastpass for Pooh. Just try to always have a Fastpass in waiting.

This Part is Important: You can use Fastpasses for any time after the start time. NOT JUST IN THE HOUR WINDOW GIVEN. So don't worry about getting back in that window of time. I had heard this here on the DISboards before we went on our trip June 6th and it's true. I even saved Fastpasses and used them the next day or in one case three days later and they let us in with them. Once I saw it would really work, I started getting Fastpasses for stuff in the mornings even if I knew we wouldn't have time to ride, because I knew we'd be back in that particular park that night or the next day or whenever. I had a Fastpass file system going on in my fannypack. :teeth:

What awesome fast pass info! Thanks!
Wow, I did not realize I would be able to ride so many rides in such a short period of time. All of the books I've read makes it sound like you are waiting in lines for so long. That sounds really great!

We are going again this Sept, and have been down in Sept in the past. If your family arrives at MK at 8 am for an EMH in the month of Sept, you shouldn't have any problems getting Fantasyland done before your breakfast. :) Although it is only me & my hubby on our trips (and we sometimes move pretty fast), during these slow times of the year - on an EMH morning we can finish all of the MK (minus a couple of shows) by noon! :) That is why we continue to visit during the slow times. I think Fantasyland can usually be done in the first hour or so during EMH. Hope this helps & enjoy your breakfast at CRT! :) We're excited to be eating there for the 1st time in Sept, too! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I think our PS at CRT was 9:45. We got to the park a few minutes after it opened on EMH day and did a lot of Fantasyland before breakfast. We almost walked on to a lot. We did Pooh, Philharmagic, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Snow White, and I think one or two others. I would just stick in Fantasyland until your PS, then you will still have time after breakfast to ride in Tommorrowland (or whereever you choose) while it's still early and uncrowded. I now make my CRT plans this way as well. I chose a 10:15 PS time, to ensure that even if we don't get to MK at exactly 8 am, we won't miss our ressies! Of course, if we can get to MK at 8, we'll get a ton done....guess I better look into getting that electroschock alarm clock for DH and DDs.....

Unfortunately my ps is on a Monday which is EE for AK (I think - does this change?) so I will have to wait until 9am. :(

We had a 9:30 for CRT in 2001 when we went. It was also our first day and my DD was 4 at the time, too! They did not have EMH at that time. This is what we did. We arrived at MK around 8:40 for the 9:00 opening. I decided to go on over to the breakfast line (all the way to the left) I said to the CM that we had a breakfast reservation and our last name. (the time was shown there I assume, I just didn't say what time) She checked her list and let us in right then. It was awesome! We have a great picture of us walking down Main St all by ourselves! They stopped us at the castle behind a rope. When the rope dropped at 9:00 we went straight to Dumbo, then rode Pooh (Pooh and Tigger were out in front of the ride at that time and rode with some children). We also did Peter Pan and the Carousel before the 9:30 PS. We got there right at 9:30 and visited with the Fairy Godmother until we were called. It was a perfect morning. Now, this was in Dec, after 9/11, so I'm sure it wasn't typical.

BTW, make sure to do Mickey's PhilharMagic, it's awesome!

Carole:)

Originally posted by ErinInCT
Unfortunately my ps is on a Monday which is EE for AK (I think - does this change?) so I will have to wait until 9am. :(

Erin, that plan I gave you was not for an EE day. You'll be fine! Have fun!

It will all work out. We went at the end of September last year and there were no crowds. Follow that great plan by jennymouse, and you will be fine. The longest wait time we had, for the ENTIRE trip, was 15 minutes. 15 minutes and DH and I were grumbling, how spoiled were we!!!!!!!! Well, so spoiled we are returing for a repeat performance!

callie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter