How do people react when you tell them you are still going to disney in two weeks?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Some people think Im insane. We just know I am. What do people say when you tell them you are still going?

Most people just ask how we are getting there. We had planned to drive months ago, so it was not an issue for us.

My family and friends have all congratulated me on my decision.

21 days and counting!

"If you still have a flight"

My husband thinks it's ludicrous to cancel.....I personally am very nervous, but Delta isn't giving refunds so I don't have much of a choice.

That's what most people say. We were but cancelled thinking the airports would be a nightmare. Wish we had kept tickets now! Most people are glad we're still going. If people cancel all thier plans, it certainly doesn't help the economy. These psychos are not going to win...they will not make me scared to live my life.

We are travelling to Disney for the first time from the UK next week (27/9) the tragic events of 11/9 have only made us more determined to have a fantastic time. Our thoughts and prayers are with the American people. Safe journey to everyone.

Oh Helen&Dave!!! WELCOME to the DIS!!! What a WONDERFUL first post!!!
Bless you for your determination. I am sure that you will have a GREAT time!!!
Thank GOD for our friends in the UK!!!
Again, WELCOME! Hope to see more of you around these boards! :)

people do not undestand why we go every year anyway now they think we are really nuts.that is ok. we leave the 28th for 10 days.flying from pocatello idaho to salt lake city then in to orlando. wish us luck!!!!!!!:earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: derinda

Most look at us warily. When we explain that we are DRIVING, it is more understandable.

You're not flying are you?

Yup, we get that a lot too!

I just smile and say, "Nope, I am going to strap my 5 year old in a car seat and drive 18 hours roundtrip all by myself through areas that look like they are out of "Deliverance" 'cause that the safest thing to do!". :rolleyes: We are flying!

BTW, we get the biological warfare deal too! ;)

Helen and Dave,

Thank you for your wonderful reply. It does my heart good to hear that wonderful people have not been frightened away. Have a great trip! God bless our friends in the UK!

Most people raise an eyebrow and look a little nervous when we say that we are flying to WDW on Oct. 18th. Nobody really wants to think about it too much. I'm not the bravest person in the world but I can't stand the idea of giving in to the fear about flying. I promised my three teens one last great vacation at WDW and we have been planning since April. I want this trip now more than ever and I hope that everyone who does brave it out has a wonderful time.

Kudos to you.

When we all alter our lives because of this tragedy, then terrorism has won.

Have a wonderful trip. There seems to be very tight security now at the airports and you will be fine.

is that I have had it bad for a few years now. Honestly, I don't think I could get anymore scared than I was last time I flew (to Ireland last Nov.).

I do know that I will be more alert and looking around/watching people which will probably add to my fear already.

As for what people say, most say, "We all have to live our lives and not let those SOBs win." My mother doesn't like when any of us flies. So she isn't thrilled that three of her four children (and spouses) and four out of five of her grandchildren will all be flying on the same days.

We are ready to go but if something else catastrophic happens, I might rethink our plans.

We just went two weeks ago. Most people encouraged us not to cancel our plans. My mother almost had a coronary, then my Dad called me and said you get on that plane and have a great time. Thanks Dad, I needed that! A few people thought we were nuts but the majority were very supportive. When we got back I felt like the conquering heros, friends who saw me in town yelled out the window and gave thumbs up, everyone in church was hugging us, our neighbors said we did our patriotic duty! I don't know about all that, but it was a wonderful trip and I'm glad we went. I offered to bring my Mom a few days before, lots of rooms and flights available and she said no way. Once we got there and called to tell her how great the Contemporary was she said darn it I should have went! Good luck to all of you in your decisions. I cannot fault you either way, these are uncertain times. If you decide to go, I'm sure you will a magical time and safe journey to you all.

Anyone who knows me knows better than to respond negatively to a Disney World trip. They are more amused when I have to wait to go. LOL

We are going to be there in December and I am getting Disney conversation already :pinkbounc

We did not decide, or even think about going, until last week. Once we heard the possibility of the travel incentive and (assuming the legislation passes)maybe having the ability to deduct up to $1,000 in any type of vacation taken before 12/31/01 on next years tax return, we thought we could do our part in helping the economy by taking a trip somewhere, and WDW will be the place in just 5 days.

DW just returned from a 26K attendee Ladies Conference where there were lots of discussions about people being afraid to travel, or being in large gatherings, but she said that she would not live in fear like the 26K that decided to come, and like myself, believes that everyone of us has a time, and that has already been decided regardless.
By some folks we feel as though we are viewed as being a little risky heading to WDW with the family at this current time, but most friends and family are only jealous that they aren't going with us. Personally I can say that as a father, I will be cautious and aware of more things around us, but we plan to have a great time as a family (DS5,DD2,DW and myself).

dld

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter