How do you combat your Disney blues?

We just got back from our December trip and won't return again until next December. It's hard for me, because we had AP's last year and went 4 times. But I can't justify renewing with the huge AP price increase, and we REALLY enjoyed December, so we are waiting a year to go back.

I'm listening to Disney parks music while I clean house. Browsing these boards. Tweaking the packing list. I've started to make our daily plans but it's really too early to start on that just yet, so I'm more making a list of our must-do's and new things to try. Participating in Disney facebook groups. Buying Disney gift cards here for spending money. Working extra hours at work to pay for the trip, LOL.

But mostly I find it helps to focus on real life more. I agree with the poster above who mentions eliminating stress in your life when you get too obsessed with Disney planning. I do have a stressful lifestyle and Disney is an escape for me. Concentrating more on what's going on with life currently is the best way to beat the Disney blues for me.

Watching the many different youtube channels discussing food and the parks. Also I do enjoy spending time on these forums to learn and spread some wisdom

We will have it this year, we are taking a year or two to save up. But we always watch the different rides at WDW and DL on YouTube. Then talk about which ones the next trip we are going to go on. We make a game plan without even having a trip planned.

We will have it this year, we are taking a year or two to save up. But we always watch the different rides at WDW and DL on YouTube. Then talk about which ones the next trip we are going to go on. We make a game plan without even having a trip planned.
We are taking a year off to save up for a bigger trip in 2021 and have the blues already. Last year at this time we were booked and waiting for fastpass booking day.

We have been every year since 2011. Now that we own DVC we go twice a year, a week in the summer and a long weekend at some other time. When we have APs we add in some day trips too. We live 3 hours away so we will drive down and back the same day. In between, I will check out MDE, the Disney website and of course the DIS. Throw in some YouTube videos of rides and I manage to quench my Disney thirst until our next visit.

I wish we had a Disney Store. When I was stationed in Maryland and later in Virginia, I had them, but now retired to Maine... it's a distant memory.

In the meantime, we are as well next planning for 2021 due to the 50th anniversary and me turning 50 that same year. After our last trip in November, my wife gets so sick of me "talkin' Disney" that I joined here and that helps with the blues. I hesitate to use YouTube because it can be so revealing at times, that it spoils the fun to watch some of the live feeds... especially with so many new rides and areas arriving before 2021. My wife is particularly excited for Cherry Tree Lane and Ratatouille, so we don't want to ruin the fun by already watching it on someone's video!

I often open up MDE and look at wait times. It usually does one of two things: 1) it gets me thinking of my plan for my next trip or 2) it makes me grateful i'm not there because space mountain has a wait time of 155 minutes (I think that was when I was looking over the holidays)!

Where do people find the best park music on youtube?

We had APs for 2 years and went 6 times. I was over it when we first got home from our last trip over Thanksgiving. Now I'm getting the blues here and there and we won't be back until 2022.

I'm saving and budgeting and following along here on the news. I just try to remember how annoyed I was during our last trip when I get the itch to book one. ;)

YouTube, YouTube and more YouTube. I consistently follow 6-8 different vloggers who have a theme park/Disney emphasis. Podcasts as well.

My mom used to say the only way to get over a post-WDW-trip blues was to start planning the next trip.
This! My first trip in 20 years and with my own family was this Nov, and now I MUST go back. Most likely not going until 2021 but I’m okay with that as I love to plan. This time my kids know what to expect so it’s even more exciting.

Working extra with the mindset I'm saving up for the next trip. Also, noting things I'm excited to experience next trip I didn't get to on the last. Just planning in general as others have said. The blues do hit you hard though, it's hard for me to listen/watch anything non-disney related for the first couple of days after coming home.

YouTube, disboards, Disney+, other Disney Facebook groups. But the biggest thing is I started crafting and a lot of it is Disney related. I’m making my own cups, T-shirts, and ears - and I started an Etsy shop for the ears. It keeps me busy with something fun, creative, and Disney!

My last trip was in 2014! I'm only like 90 days away. For me I really enjoyed seeing my kids have magical experiences so we did a Polar Express meal and some events with characters. Also now that I have another trip coming so much planning! I love the planning part too!

This. The Disboards get me through it. Also makes it a little worse sometimes, honestly. But I'm a planner. I'll have an excel that lists what I'm wearing on what day, including jewelry. And my packing lists will have what item is put where (I pack loose things in ziplocs, so they're all numbered). Of course it's all a mess for the trip home. But for leaving, I have everything I need because I've been obsessing over packing lists for months (...or longer... ahem...) and everything is packed in it's place. But I'm going in October, I can't exactly pack now. So being on here and getting more information and tips and just sharing the Disney love really helps me to feel more ready and that helps me with the waiting.

I have it pretty bad right now, because I'm supposed to be there right now, but postponed until next February 🥺
We started making our plans last April, booked ADRs and had our days planned out, until a week before FP time, when our elder dog started slowing down and getting arthritis. Not wanting to put him anywhere for 10 days AND worry excessively while we're gone, we postponed for next February.

But I read these boards every day, and read the Official Guide to WDW book. One new thing that I ABSOLUTELY love is the Disney Emoji Blitz game on my phone. Sooooooo freaking cute! Every time I get a new character, I feel like I've won a prize.

Listening to non-stop Disney parks music on YouTube. Watching my fave disney movies also helps. But yeah, Youtube is a treasure trove, I've been watching all the WDW guide and tips there daily. Haha. I have an upcoming solo trip in June and I can't stop thinking about it!

We go about every three years so in the mean time I listen to theme park music at http://www.uabmagic.com/ and plan my next trip over and over again. 😁. YouTube videos also help.

I thrive on anticipation, so starting to plan the next trip (even hypothetically/without booking anything) helps! There is some scientific research showing that the anticipation of a vacation is more restorative/beneficial than the trip itself. So, leverage the in between time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter