How do you do character meets / pictures with them? In the parks

Safari23

Mouseketeer
So at WDW and DL California you either wait in a line or with some, you can get a fast past, but still you wait in line. It appears here you have to make a reservation? Is that correct? Do you do it on the app? And only day of? Is there a limit on how many you can do in a day? Any other info would be awesome!

You have the following options:

Disneyland Park
- Meets scheduled on the entertainment program should all have a regular waiting line. Mickey and the princesses are inside, the others outside.
- During EMH you can usually meet: Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale, Pluto & Goofy at the beginning or end of Main Street USA.
- The Princess Pavilion has been subject to a lot of testing, with different kind of reservation systems, but nothing implemented yet. Currently it's just getting in line. The Princess Pavilion is nowadays open during EMH. If you want to meet a princess use EMH.
- You meet one princess, but usually there is a different princess in the morning than in the afternoon. Which princess is announced only on the sign outside the pavillion. It's not communicated in the program or app which princess. So unless you find a roaming princess or eat at the Auberge, you can meet 2 princesses a day.
- Roaming characters, can both have a line, or just utter chaos. The concept of a line is getting more and more familiar in DLP, but once in a while you have a weird CM who prefers no lines.

Roaming characters is about being lucky, but my experiences from lately:
- Rapunzel sometimes meets near the restaurant of Bella Notte (near the towers) or opposite Pinocchios restaurant (next to covered road to Adventureland),
- I've seen Cinderella under the bridge near Pays des Contes Fees.
- In front of Bella Notte you sometimes find Gepetto or Pinocchio.
- Next to the Aladdin walkthrough you sometimes find other Aladdin characters (so differrent from the scheduled set around the corner),
- between the Colonel Hathi restaurant and the Indiana Jones Coaster is a bathroom near a gate, I have seen Rafiki here once in a while.
- Anna & Elsa do not meet in Disneyland Paris.

Studios
- In the Studios they are now working with an app called 'Lineberty', from 9:45 you can select a ticket for how many people you want. The app tells you how long it takes till you can meet your character. IT's not a completely fixed time, keep an eye on it, it can change. If people don't show up, your time can come quicker. When it's about your time, the app will tell you, you can go. With me it was about 10 minutes before the actual time. You go to the place, report to the CM, he clicks on your ticket number in his/her I-pad and you get in line.
https://www.dlptownsquare.com/guides/how-to-use-lineberty-for-meet-and-greets/
- This is in the Studios only, while you have reserved one ticket, you can't reserve another. Do it immediately at 9:45 as tickets run out and they go quickly.
- Woody / Buzz / Other Toy Story, usually opens later.
- When you enter the studios you have a meet with Goofy that doesn't use Libeberty.
- Im not sure if you have to be in the park for this, or if it also works from the Village or onsite hotels.
- In the Animation Building the characters differ per season, usually if there is a new movie coming out there is a related character, Moana was there when her movie came out, then Jack Sparrow, Belle. At the moment there is no new movie, so Minnie is there in a Parisian outfit. I expect Mary Poppins when her movie is released.
- There used to be roaming characters around lunchtime in the Toon Studio area. Not sure if this still happen, but last year we found Aladdin (street rat outfit) and Ariel and Eric here. Also Belle and Gaston have met in the past in the Ratatouille area.

Photopass:
- Mickey and the princesses when meeting inside have a photopass for sure.
- Most scheduled meets have a photopass. If not, the CM is always more than willing to take a picture.
- Unless exceptions, there is no Photopass on Main Street / In front of the castle.
- Roaming characters never have photopass.

Last edited:
Thanks so much Karin! That's very helpful. We won't have EMH. I don't think she'll want to meet very many as we were just at DL in the summer. But if they're in their Xmas outfits, we may do a few. And she'll definitely want to see Minnie.

So at WDW and DL California you either wait in a line or with some, you can get a fast past, but still you wait in line. It appears here you have to make a reservation? Is that correct? Do you do it on the app? And only day of? Is there a limit on how many you can do in a day? Any other info would be awesome!

The wait in line to meet characters at DLP is at least triple the time than in America.

Performers spend so much more time with guests at DLP than the American Parks.

My advice is only try and meet characters that are rare and/or who you have never met before.

Two weeks ago, off peak season at 9.45am on a weekday the wait said 70 minutes to meet Mickey. The actual wait time was 2 hours.

The wait in line to meet characters at DLP is at least triple the time than in America.

Performers spend so much more time with guests at DLP than the American Parks.

My advice is only try and meet characters that are rare and/or who you have never met before.

Two weeks ago, off peak season at 9.45am on a weekday the wait said 70 minutes to meet Mickey. The actual wait time was 2 hours.

Wow! Guess this will not be a priority for us!

Wow! Guess this will not be a priority for us!

Yeah, somehow with Mickey it is very difficult to time. At the princesses they are usually doing a better job to predict how much time it takes. If meeting Mickey is a must, I would advice to try during EMH. Or a character meal (But they are too expensive for my taste)

Last edited:
Yeah, somehow with Mickey it is very difficult to time. At the princesses are usually doing a better job to predict how much time it takes. If meeting Mickey is a must, I would advice to try during EMH. Or a character meal (But they are too expensive for my taste)

Thanks! Will probably fit in one character meal, kids are young and the 4 year old loves meeting characters, enjoying it while it lasts! So that may solve some of the issues!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter