• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you get to early PS? And how do you switch hotels?

Pooh's Pal

Soon to be dancing with My Pal Po
Hi All, A few questions, hope you all can help.
I have early ps's At MK, but the parks do not open till 9am and both my resses are at
8:05 AM!. Are the WDW buses running at 7 am?
One day I will be at the CBR going to CP at MK
another Day we will be coming from the Boardwalk going to MK for breakfast with Cindy.

Also if I cancel my CP resses and take a resse at the Polynesian for a breakfast, how do I get to the Poly from the CBR? Is the only way, to go to MK and take the monarail? Or if I rent a car, can I drive over, have a breakfast at the Poly and leave my car, or do I then have to go to the MK parking lot?

And last but not least, Is there any WDW buses from the CBR to the Boardwalk directly in the morning, or do we have to go to DD and transfer? We are switching resorts during this trip and if I decide not to rent a car, can I do this switch smoothly with luggage in the am?

Sorry this is long, but thanks in advance for all your help!

We just had 8:05 ressies at the Crystal Palace and for Cindy's on another day and here's what we did. The first PS was for Cindy's and we took the bus to Magic Kingdom. We were staying at ASMovies and the bus got there at 7:30ish. We arrived in time for our PS as they don't let anyone into the park before 8 any way. When we went to the Crystal Palace breakfast we took the car. First we tried to park at the Contempary, but they wouldn't let us park there.:rolleyes: So we drove over to the MK parking lot and then took the resort monorail over to MK. That worked fine too. If your going to the Poly for breakfast and then to the MK for the day, I would park at Mk and take the resort monorail to the Poly.

And last but not least, Is there any WDW buses from the CBR to the Boardwalk directly in the morning, or do we have to go to DD and transfer? We are switching resorts during this trip and if I decide not to rent a car, can I do this switch smoothly with luggage in the am?

The easiest thing to do would be to let Disney transfer your luggage for you. On the day of your move, just call bell services and have them pick up the bags in your CBR room for transfer to the Boardwalk, then you can go do whatever your plans are for that day (theme park, water park, etc). Your room at BW might very well not be available that early in the morning, so Disney may have to store the luggage for a few hours anyway. Sometime that afternoon (and I'd recommend mid-afternoon for the best choice of rooms) at your convenience, just take WDW transportation to the BW and check-in. Once in the room, call for your luggage, then you are free to go back out.

There is no direct bus CBR to BW, but you can change buses at whatever your destination otherwise is for that day (DD is one possibility, or you can walk from Epcot to BW if you sepnd the day there).

Also, easiest way to the Polynesian is bus to MK, then the monorail (I think the boat from MK to the Poly is still operating as well, and if so, it's a pleasant trip). If you drive, you'll have to go to the MK lot to spend the day (you could park at the resort for only a PS, but then you would have to move the car before the rest of the day - an unecessary hassle, IMHO).

Have a great trip! :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter