How do you handle your money?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
I was thinking of putting disney dollars on our room key to be used for our PS meals. I have planned about 1 per day. That way we can charge back to the room and if we go over not need to worry about it. I was going to take $25 in cash per day for the snack stands. And I was going to take Disney dollars for our counter service meals. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I should also take Disney dollars for the bars!

I have been debating the same thing. But, I think i am going to get travel checks incase they get lost. Disney dollars are gone if lost, travel checks can be replaced. Now I just have to figure out how much to get.

Can't believe I leave in 15 days :)

Travelers checks work aout great. Everyone is very accustomed to cashing them in. We took $500 in cash & $600 IN CHECKS.

We don't charge back to the room. We take $2100 in Travelers Checks, $1000 in cash and our sons get Disney Dollars for spending money each day.

When we check in, we usually leave a big chunck of cash, Disney Dollars, or Travelers Checks at the front desk for us to charge against. We do this instead of leaving a credit card imprint. Then, we just use our room card to charge all our meals and purchases. We usually carry some cash for snacks from the vendor carts. You can use your room charge at counter service restaurants. That way, we don't have to worry about keeping a large sum of money safe. The front desk will give you a receipt showing how much cash/Disney Dollars/Travelers Checks, etc. you left them for charging. You can stop by any time for a print-out showing your charges. I just try to keep up with my receipts so I know how much of it we have spent. When you check out, if you have any left over, they just give it back to you. It works great for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter