How do you prevent housekeeping from waking you on the last day?

Well, we check out Thursday (BWV) so we’ll put the sign up and the latch on the door. We have in the past frequently gotten early knocks. Last year we didn’t have a sign. Didn’t need it or think about it until our early morning knock on checkout day.

We NEVER vacate the room before 11 AM. We always have a later flight, and I’m always nuts right until 11 AM (or a few minutes later) trying to fit everything into our luggage. Oy.

Screaming kids AND noisy adults have been a problem this trip. Previous trips at times too. We still talk about “screaming Mia” at AKV years ago. One time we heard them reprimand her and thought “nnnooo! Don’t get her started!” I don’t get it about loud behavior at a hotel, or anywhere public. We taught our kids better than that too.
We had one at the poly. We celebrated when they left each day and cried when they came back. We found out she does not like her pancakes cut.....that set her off for an hour. She threw a fit and screamed and cried constantly. One day her mom told her if she didn’t stop they were going to stay in the room all day and my kids both screamed NOoooo. I think from that point, they knew that we could hear- not that they cared. They really dropped the ball with soundproofing when they refurnished.

Maybe Disney needs to have another sign for the room, to be used on the last day. I don't know the exact wording, but it could mean something like "We're leaving, go ahead and start turning the room around." Then housekeeping would know that the room was empty and ready to be made over. Putting out a sign would be nicer than dealing with housekeeping arriving early.

We’ve been disturbed more times than not starting with out first trip in 2010. Repeated knocks despite being told when we’re leaving. (And that first trip when we finally were leaving, housekeeper wasn’t there after knocking off and on for nearly 2 hours lol)

And we have always used the dnd sign.

We have never been disturbed when we put out the sign. YMMV.

LUCKY.

Mine was 8am last time at the Poly on March 4, 2018. And then when I didn't answer because I was still trying to sleep they tried to come in. I latch the door every night so they couldn't get in.

And having them try the door with the latch on is a sound like no other, right? Ugh.

One day her mom told her if she didn’t stop they were going to stay in the room all day and my kids both screamed NOoooo. I think from that point, they knew that we could hear-

Oh my. :)

We want it both ways.
We want our room ready no matter how early we get there.
And we want to stay into the room until the last minute.

The early morning rings seem to have stopped.

I have heard people say that even though they don't plan on returning to the rooom on checkout day.
Do not check out in case they "have to use the room".

I always let mousekeeping know we are done when we leave.
We also try to make the room in good shape to minimize the time needed.

One year we saw three mouse keepers taking bags and bags of garbage. Out of a room.
The previous guest left it like a scene from animal house.

I actually don’t think it’s generally the same people holding those thoughts.
Exactly.

Yes, it is nice to get into the room early. But I have no problem waiting until the appointed time.

But, there is no reason for the housekeeper to stand outside my door for 45 minutes, like she did on our last day at Saratoga. Or for them to knock, while the sign is up.

Maybe Disney needs to have another sign for the room, to be used on the last day. I don't know the exact wording, but it could mean something like "We're leaving, go ahead and start turning the room around." Then housekeeping would know that the room was empty and ready to be made over. Putting out a sign would be nicer than dealing with housekeeping arriving early.

I love this idea. I know in reality, it would never happen, but I sure wish they would give us a choice to put a sign up on our last day whether we need the room till 11:00 or go ahead and clean it, we are gone.

The latch doesn't prevent housekeeping from knocking or trying to open the door and banging it against the latch. The latch just slows down anyone trying to enter.

Ok
I guess a lot of people don't use it.
Better to have them stoped by the latch than just walking in to room.
We always use the latch.
It is also good to keep
Title ones from opening the door and slipping out of room unexpectedly.

Ok
We always use the latch.
It is also good to keep
People use it, they just know that it won't stop housekeeping from waking them up.

The latch doesn't stop housekeeping from banging on the door. That is what wakes me up, not them walking in.

Ok
We always use the latch.
It is also good to keep

If you're woke up anyway it doesn't really matter that they can't get in the room - at least IMO.

Using the latch.... backup plan is to stand there smiling and naked :). Happy to let anyone inspect the toilet :).

Sometimes, the very worst thing you can do to someone is to give them EXACTLY what they want :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter