How does FASTPASS work at DL?

tinker&belle

DIS Veteran
I haven’t been to DL since they changed from paper fastpasses. I have read about Max Pass (seems like payment for My Disney Experience at WDW and Photopass?) but do I make FPS the day of? Or can I make them early like at WDW?

You use MaxPass after you go through the turnstile. You cannot book before that.

There are still free regular fastpasses at machines. It spits out a paper, but the paper is only a time reminder. You would use your regular ticket at the fastpast line.

I haven’t been to DL since they changed from paper fastpasses. I have read about Max Pass (seems like payment for My Disney Experience at WDW and Photopass?) but do I make FPS the day of? Or can I make them early like at WDW?
Disneyland still has "paper" FP, but instead of using the paper ticket, you use your ticket. When you go to the FP machine, it loads the ticket on your ticket. There is no charge for this.

Or you can purchase MaxPass. The difference between Legacy FP and MaxPass is Legacy, you walk to the FP machine and pull the FP and you wait a max of 2 hours if you pull a FP more than 2 hours out. So if it is 8am, and you pull a FP for 830, you can pull a FP at 831a. If at 8am you pull a FP for noon, you can pull your next FP at 10am.

MaxPass you do on your phone. As soon as you enter a park, you can start collecting FP on your phone. You also wait 90 mins if you pull a FP more than 90 mins out. So, if at 8AM you pull a FP for 830, you can make another FP at 830. If you pull one for noon, you can pull the next one at 930.

Maxpass is convenience. You can grab FPs from in a queue, the pool, back at your room, or while you are shopping. It is nothing like FP+ at WDW.

Being from Texas and not getting to go often Max Pass is a must even with the increase to $15. We were there late December and on our last Saturday were were able to ride 14 different rides. You are able to “stack” multiple FPS too which imo makes it so awesome. Wish we had this offer for WDW.

I recall in the past you could return anytime after your Fastpass window to ride. Is that still the case, or do you have to come back during the time window?

I recall in the past you could return anytime after your Fastpass window to ride. Is that still the case, or do you have to come back during the time window?
The time window is now enforced.

If you hold a FP and the ride goes down during the window time of the FP, the FP turns into a MutliExperience FP.
These can be used to ride other rides with FP options in the park the FP was for.

The time window is now enforced.

If you hold a FP and the ride goes down during the window time of the FP, the FP turns into a MutliExperience FP.
These can be used to ride other rides with FP options in the park the FP was for.
Does that happen with regular FP? I know it does with MaxPass, but thought the regular FP just became good the rest of the day for that ride.

Does that happen with regular FP? I know it does with MaxPass, but thought the regular FP just became good the rest of the day for that ride.
I recall CM's telling people at the FP entrance for broken down rides that their FP would convert to multiexperience without asking first whether they have MP. I had MP, so I can't speak from experience, it just seemed to be the same spiel for anyone approaching the FP entrance so I took that to mean it happens with all FP.

Yes. It will show up as a multi-experience pass in the app whether you booked it with Maxpass or a machine.

Yes, the time window is enforced no matter how you got the FP. There is a small grace period before and after though and if you got stuck on another ride and it made you miss your return window, talk to a CM at that ride or any of the guest relations kiosks, they can usually find a way to help.

If you're waiting for a MaxPass window to open, can you still pull a Legacy FP? Probably not, huh?

If you're waiting for a MaxPass window to open, can you still pull a Legacy FP? Probably not, huh?
No. It's all one FP system, the only difference is whether you obtain the FP using the app or from inserting your ticket into a machine. Either way, the FP will appear in the app (if your tickets are linked) - all one big FP system.

No. It's all one FP system, the only difference is whether you obtain the FP using the app or from inserting your ticket into a machine. Either way, the FP will appear in the app (if your tickets are linked) - all one big FP system.
Thank you! That makes sense.

Yes, the time window is enforced no matter how you got the FP. There is a small grace period before and after though and if you got stuck on another ride and it made you miss your return window, talk to a CM at that ride or any of the guest relations kiosks, they can usually find a way to help.
The question was regarding Multi Experience passes when a ride goes down. On MaxPass, the FP becomes a multi experience. On legacy, my question was does it become a Multi experience also?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter