how does mears work going from WDW to IOA and back?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip for a week in november and will be staying at CBR on-site. I want to go to IOA and I am aware that I can use mears for a round trip fee of under $20. my concern is how well mears work for this. for example, if I want to get to the park before opening at 9, can I tell mears when I want to leave, or do they tell me when they will be available to pick me up? I am scared of what I have read elsewhere in terms of it taking a long time to get everything organized for what should be a short trip. do they use the big greyhound-like buses or vans for these types of trips? how many other resorts will they try to go to before leaving WDW for IOA?

also, how does it work for leaving IOA and getting back to WDW, can you tell them what time you want to leave or are you given a set of times?

thanks in advance for the help!

I've never used Mears, but I see them around Orlando a lot. Sometimes you get a van and sometimes you get a big bus. It depends.

WE USE MEARS ALL THE TIME WHEN WE GO TO ORLANDO.:bounce: I LOVE IT. IT IS 10 DOLLARS ROUNDTRIP. WHEN YOU CALL THEIR NUMBER, THEY WILL ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS. YOU TELL THEM WHAT TIME YOU WANT TO GET TO UNIVERSAL AND THERE'S NO DOUBT YOU WILL GET THE TIME YOU WANT. WHETHER YOU GET A BUS OR A MINIVAN DEPENDS. IF OTHER PEOPLE FROM YOUR HOTEL CALLED THEY WILL SEND OVER THE APPROPRIATE SIZE BUS. WHEN WE WENT TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS LAST AUGUST IT WAS 7 OF US THEY SENT US A MINI VAN AND WE HAD IT ALL TO OURSELFVES EARLY IN THE MORNING ( WE GOT THERE FOR EARLY ENTRY) . SOMETIMES THEY PICK UP PEOPLE FROM OTHER HOTELS. BUT ITS ALWAYS IN THE SAME VICINITY.

NOW LEAVING THE PARK. YOU CALL THEM A HOUR AHEAD OF TIME BEFORE YOU WANT TO LEAVE. THEY WILL TELL YOU WE HAVE A BUS LEAVING FROM THE PARK IN 30 MINUTES. SO YOU CAN JUST GO OUT THERE AND GIVE THE GUY YOUR VOUCHER. HE'LL ASK YOU WHAT HOTEL YOU ARE GOING TOO. THERE'S ALWAYS GOING TO BE SOMEONE FROM THE DISNEY RESORTS ON MEARS. IF YOU DON'T MIND STOPPING TO PICK UP OTHER PEOPLE, YOU WILL LOVE IT. FOR ME ITS CHEAP AND I HATE TO DRIVE IN ORLANDO.

HAVE FUN;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter