How Does this work?

ItAllStartedWithAMouse

Earning My Ears
I’m having labral replacement surgery in my hip a couple of months before my surgery. While I’ll be off crutches by the time we go, my surgeon is worried about walking so much so soon after a major surgery. What are my options?

I would recommend renting whatever device you desire offsite as some the walks to the parks from the bus stop or parking lot or to your room at some the resorts can be quite long and worse than the parks. If you rent at the parks, you won't have anything available before or after you get to the park gates. You can bring your device into the queues for the most part or park it with the strollers if you feel you don't need it in the queues.

I’m having labral replacement surgery in my hip a couple of months before my surgery. While I’ll be off crutches by the time we go, my surgeon is worried about walking so much so soon after a major surgery. What are my options?

First of all I'm sorry you have to have surgery. I hope it all goes well, and you are back on track quickly!

Your surgeon is right to be worried - the average Guest walks between 3 & 10 miles PER DAY at WDW.

An ECV (scooter) is what you need 🙂 Let us know if we can answer any more questions - or just search around our little corner of the DIS here; there's tons of info! 🙂

agree with mamabunny about offsite rental of ECV. it will allow you to move around the resort not just the parks plus it can be a walk from parking or transportation to the front gate. it will seem even further at the end of day heading back after being on your feet all day. ECVs are allowed in lines which allow you to rest your feet while waiting in line. good luck with your surgery

We ended up renting one part way during our trip and used Scooterbug ( the one allowed to drop off with bell services ) We ordered one about 3pm and it was at the resort ( while we were in the park) a little after 5 the same day. The scooter was in excellent condition and held the charge all through the day. Bell services had it waiting for us when we got back to the room and took it at the end of the trip for it’s return. It was also much more affordable then renting onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts