How early can I bank my points ?

Minniemoo15

DIS Veteran
I have 250 points coming 2/21... we are almost certainly canceling our booked March trip and I am somewhat concerned they may limit banking the way they did with borrowing. Can I bank those points now, or do I need to wait for Feb 2021 to do so?

You can not bank until they are active, so Feb 1, 2021 would be the earliest.
Be sure to cancel that March trip at least 30 days before or those points would go into holding.

You can not bank until they are active, so Feb 1, 2021 would be the earliest.
Be sure to cancel that March trip at least 30 days before or those points would go into holding.

Thank you! Fingers crossed they don’t limit banking before Feb 1.

I have 250 points coming 2/21... we are almost certainly canceling our booked March trip and I am somewhat concerned they may limit banking the way they did with borrowing. Can I bank those points now, or do I need to wait for Feb 2021 to do so?
Online you can’t bank until after the anniversary of your points which is 2/1/2021

However I had the same concern as you earlier this year, so I called MS and asked if they would bank my June UY points. I think it was in April or May and they would be happy to. I dont know if this is normal or not but you can call and maybe they can help you out.

Online you can’t bank until after the anniversary of your points which is 2/1/2021

However I had the same concern as you earlier this year, so I called MS and asked if they would bank my June UY points. I think it was in April or May and they would be happy to. I dont know if this is normal or not but you can call and maybe they can help you out.
I had the same experience. I banked my June 2020 points in either April or May. Just make sure you won't be visiting anytime before January 31, 2022, since banking is a final transaction.

They want everyone banking now. It's the exact opposite of the borrowing limit.

About 0% chance they limit banking right now. Maybe as we get closer to 2042 but not right now.
I don’t get it. With everyone banking points they are going to have issues next year when there are a lot more points to use then there is availability.

I don’t get it. With everyone banking points they are going to have issues next year when there are a lot more points to use then there is availability.

Except people will be banking next year as well and the year after. There is a TON of breakage every year so over time points will expire out of the system slowly while not having people that would use the points locked out completely.

Think of it like this:
  • 2020 - 25% excess points unable to be used and banked from closures
  • 2021 - 5% breakage and 20% banked to next year
  • 2022 - 5% breakage and 15% banked to next year
  • 2023 - 5% breakage and 10% banked to next year
  • and so on

So we had our points reload This month 8/2020 (85 points). We have no intention of visiting until December 2021. Should I just bank those points now? Banking deadline is March 2021, and I will be booking the trip around January 2021 (11 months and will require 92 points so will need to borrow a few 2021 points).

So we had our points reload This month 8/2020 (85 points). We have no intention of visiting until December 2021. Should I just bank those points now? Banking deadline is March 2021, and I will be booking the trip around January 2021 (11 months and will require 92 points so will need to borrow a few 2021 points).
Yes you can bank now if you would like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter