How early do we need to leave Anaheim for USH

abelkrista

Earning My Ears
We are doing USH Sunday (tomorrow). We will be taking an Uber and doing early entry at 930.

1. What time do we need to leave to get their before rope drop?

2. How much extra time do I need to factor in for Uber? We have never used Uber before and not sure how long it will take to pick up after I order. We will need an xl I think? There are 2 adults and 2 kids.
3. I assume it shouldn't be hard to get an Uber home also around 6?

We are staying on west Katella at the worldmark if that makes a difference on getting out of town.
Thanks in advance.

What is the time difference for taking a Lyft on a weekend versus weekday? We are planning a Saturday and early entry is at 8:30? We want to use Lyft from the GCH. Also, if we leave USH at 2-3pm, will it take 2-3 hours to get back? The drive time is killing me on this one day trip to USH, as it severely cuts into my DLR time! I have a few HP fans in the house so I am trying to be agreeable...

What is the time difference for taking a Lyft on a weekend versus weekday? We are planning a Saturday and early entry is at 8:30? We want to use Lyft from the GCH. Also, if we leave USH at 2-3pm, will it take 2-3 hours to get back? The drive time is killing me on this one day trip to USH, as it severely cuts into my DLR time! I have a few HP fans in the house so I am trying to be agreeable...
I would expect it to take 45-60 minutes to get there and about 60-90 minutes to get back at those times on a Saturday. Weekdays I would double that. But I wouldn’t spend the money to go to USH for the day and only go for 5 hours.

I would expect it to take 45-60 minutes to get there and about 60-90 minutes to get back at those times on a Saturday. Weekdays I would double that. But I wouldn’t spend the money to go to USH for the day and only go for 5 hours.

You were spot on for the drive times! It took 40 minutes on Saturday morning (we left GCH at 8:40am), and then 70 minutes to get back to GCH (we left at 3pm). The drive wasn’t as bad as I was thinking, but it was one and done for us. We enjoyed seeing HP World, which was the goal of the trip there, but the rest was just ok. We don’t let our kids watch the Simpson’s, Walking Dead, Mummy, etc, so those areas were lost on them. Everyone was fairly motion sick by the afternoon since almost everything is a motion simulator. But mission accomplished on HP, and we now don’t have to do it again!!

How much did the ride cost? I have never used Uber or Lyft but we’re planning on heading to Universal from Anaheim on a Sunday during our trip in March. I reserved a rental car for the day but I might cancel it if Uber or Lyft work.

This is perfect info for me! I am considering booking the VIP tour for my hubby and I on Sunday before we check into the Grand on labour day Monday. I’m considering booking a cheaper SNA area hotel (Hampton inn) and getting a Lyft to take us to USH for the 9:15 am tour. Guessing on a Sunday we’d be best leaving around 7:30 am to get there 1/2 hour before the tour. Hopefully this all works out , it’s a pretty expensive day!

ETA: Plans changed and now we will be doing the VIP tour on Saturday Sept 7. We have Xpress Shuttle booked for a private transfer from the Grand to the Hilton at USH. we have a 08:30 am pick up for us at the Grand, with a stop at BWPPI to get our boys. Do you think if I book a 10:15 tour we will make it in time? or should I book 10:45am tour??

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!