How early does Wilderness Campground book in December?

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by lpoeppelman, Feb 13, 2018.

1. lpoeppelman

lpoeppelman DIS Veteran

Wanting to go Dec 23rd - Jan 2 for 2018 but finding they are booked. Do they really book up that early?

TIA!

2. snowmedic

snowmedic 1500 MIles From the Fort.

Yes, December books up early, especially for Christmas. For those dates you would of had to make reservations 499 days out, or August 21, 2016 to be exact. But keep trying as people tend to cancel starting about 60 days prior.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. FortForever

FortForever Disney since Day 1

Oh, yeah. Trying to get Christmas and New Years now would be impossible on the first try. Hire a travel agent so they can keep checking for you many times a day. People do cancel.

5. mco65

mco65 get busy living, or get busy dying!

If you still over 365 days, do you have to CALL the Fort to book... can't do it online?

6. snowmedic

snowmedic 1500 MIles From the Fort.

Yes, you will need to call.

7. mickeyfan0805

mickeyfan0805 DIS Veteran

We are looking at Christmas 2020 - and I already have it marked in my calendar to make the reservation in August of 2019! It's a little nuts, but it is what it is. I hope some of the re-checking or TA strategies work out for you! Good luck.

Ds4angels and MamaMaleficent2016 like this.
  8. MiniMN

MiniMN Earning My Ears

I was able to book a tent campsite for Dec. 22-Dec. 28, 2018. Not my ideal scenario, but my own fault really as I previously booked, then cancelled, then changed my mind again (and kicking myself for not just keeping the original reservations). I had to plug in different dates to see what was available.

9. The Eskew’s

The Eskew’s Imagination will take you everywhere

Hey everyone! My wife and I are new to DIS Boards but have camped the 1st week of December every year for past 7 years. We just booked our trip for 2018 last week. Got a premium site. Sometimes when we’ve booked online in the past we had to add extra dates to the actual dates we were planning to go. And that opened up campsites for us. Once we booked it we just canceled the days we didn’t need. This time I refreshed the web page several times until our dates showed they had a site available. I called afterward to confirm they had us booked and all was good! We will be there from Dec 1st thru the 6th!!! December is our favorite time of the year at the Fort!!

Hope to see you there!

Ds4angels and 2goofycampers like this.
  10. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Be Yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Yup.

11. PrincessBelle39

PrincessBelle39 DIS Veteran

We've been trying to book these same dates (well 23 Dec-4 Jan) since November last year with no luck. We are still hopeful of something coming up eventually.

12. PrincessBelle39

PrincessBelle39 DIS Veteran

We've just picked up a tent/pop up site through our agent for 23 December - 4 January. It's not what we want and I'm not sure how to make it work for us but I'll take it. It's better than nothing. We have 2 adults and 4 teens so I'm not sure how we will accommodate everyone. We were planning on renting a large camper which i really want to get booked but time to start looking for something that will fit. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.