How Early for DME Baggage Delivery

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
How early do they start delivery of the bags? We arrive around 10 pm, and have to be at breakfast reservations by 7:30 the next morning. Thinking about just picking my bags up before getting on DME, but if they deliver by 6:00/6:30 in the morning I'd be ok with waiting.

I'm glad I asked because I don't know that I ever paid attention to that since I've never flown in this late before. Guess that make the decision that much easier then. LOL

If you actually arrived in Orlando a little before 10 PM and did not request at the front desk no wee* hour delivery then your bags could arrive at your room at any time. One published guideline is 3 hours after you (could) get to the room. (They suggest 4 hours before you go to the front desk to investigate non-delivery.)

* Not sure whether the All Stars, Art of Animation,and Pop Century still have no wee hour delivery in effect for everyone in which case delivery by 6:30 is not guaranteed.

Last edited:
If you actually arrived in Orlando a little before 10 PM and did not request at the front desk no wee* hour delivery then your bags could arrive at your room at any time. One published guideline is 3 hours after you (could) get to the room. (They suggest 4 hours before you go to the front desk to investigate non-delivery.)

* Not sure whether the All Stars, Art of Animation,and Pop Century still have no wee hour delivery in effect for everyone in which case delivery by 6:30 is not guaranteed.

My flight is due in at 9:53, so maybe that is why they sent tags and everything; but, I'll leave them off and pick my bags up before going to the bus.

BUT!

Bring your clothing for the first 24 hours in carryon anyway. Everything you’ll need for that time period. Because bags do sometimes take a longer route than we do, or are lost entirely. If you have to have to have something early the next morning, carry it on. Just in case.

And if you have many checked bags or just want the luxury or help, for the cost of a tip you can have a porter help you at the airport. Very useful.

BUT!

Bring your clothing for the first 24 hours in carryon anyway. Everything you’ll need for that time period. Because bags do sometimes take a longer route than we do, or are lost entirely. If you have to have to have something early the next morning, carry it on. Just in case.

And if you have many checked bags or just want the luxury or help, for the cost of a tip you can have a porter help you at the airport. Very useful.

Always! You never know when a bad gets lost in transit when working with a connecting flight especially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!