How Early have you been for a dining reservation?

scrappinginontario

I hit my 180 day window today with the hopes for securing an 8:00am breakfast reservation for Be Our Guest. Unfortunately the earliest that was available was 8:30am so I snagged that.

Has anyone been granted early entrance to BoG if you arrive before your reservation time? If we can get in by 8:15am (or even earlier would be better) it's worth it to me to keep our reservation.

If they are particular and don't allow you to enter before your reservation time then I don't want to spend precious park time when it's less busy, eating breakfast.

just thought I'd check and see what others personal experiences have been as I'm guessing I'm not the only one who might try to arrive early.

Last edited:
In my experience, they're usually running behind. We've checked in early and still been seated about 30 minutes after our ADR time. This may change with the switch to prix fixe / 2 credits, since it should be easier to judge how long a table will take when everyone's getting the same number of courses. It doesn't hurt to try.

In my experience, they're usually running behind. We've checked in early and still been seated about 30 minutes after our ADR time. This may change with the switch to prix fixe / 2 credits, since it should be easier to judge how long a table will take when everyone's getting the same number of courses. It doesn't hurt to try.
Thank you!

Sorry, my original message wasn't clear enough so I've updated it. I am looking at breakfast reservations, hoping to eat and ride SDMT before the park opens at 9:00am.

Thanks for your help though! Greatly appreciated.

So we are doing the same thing next week. I asked and several people said that they let everyone with a PPO ADR in at once and they were able to sit early.

I reeeeaaallly hope they let those with earlier ADR’s go in first at least. We have an 8:05 and I worked hard to get that slot. I’d hate to have to wait 30 minutes because they let the 8:30’s sit ahead of us

So we are doing the same thing next week. I asked and several people said that they let everyone with a PPO ADR in at once and they were able to sit early.

I reeeeaaallly hope they let those with earlier ADR’s go in first at least. We have an 8:05 and I worked hard to get that slot. I’d hate to have to wait 30 minutes because they let the 8:30’s sit ahead of us
I'm sure you will be okay. We had an 8:05 in January and had only about 2 families in front of us when we went inside.

My recommendations are to arrive in the MK early so that you're at the Dining Reservation line before it opens. I believe they begin letting guests in at 7:45. Make your way directly to BoG (going to the left behind the castle).

My second recommendation is to place your order online so that you can go directly to your table.

We had an 8:05 reservation in Jan. Arrived at the MK at 7:25. Went through security and entered the park at 7:45. We were at BoG by 8:00 and they let us in. We ate at a leisurely pace and were outside in line for SDMT by 8:40. The only down side to the day we went was that it was an EMM day so we were not moved to the stand-by entrance of SDMT until 8:58. We did get to ride SDMT once though and other headliners with little to no wait in the first hour we were there. From 8:58 - 10:10 we rode: SDMT, PP, Pooh, Little Mermaid and Dumbo.

Keep checking - I have always been able to get an 8 or 8:05 BOG reservation by checking again and again. That being said, I have read here that they will let everyone in with an ADR at 7:45/7:50, regardless of your reservation time.

Keep checking - I have always been able to get an 8 or 8:05 BOG reservation by checking again and again. That being said, I have read here that they will let everyone in with an ADR at 7:45/7:50, regardless of your reservation time.
Thanks! I have added my request to the Touring Plans reservation finder but if I'm unsuccesful finding and earlier reservation I'm going to do as you say and arrive earlier. I'm willing to wait if needed but will also be available to go in if they let us enter early.

You've confirmed that I'll keep what I have and even if I can't find something earlier it will be worth trying.

Everyone with a PPO reservation for BOG is let in at the same time, about 7:45am.
Woot! Thanks! I'm going to keep what I have, arrive at the same time we did in January (7:30am at security) and hopefully we'll be throwing our arms in the air on SDMT and celebrating our first day at Disney before 9:00am!!

This was from our last trip! Love this picture!!SDMT2 Jan 28, 2018.jpeg

Just watch MK hours. December is notorious for changing to 8am openings most days.
Thanks! I'll do that for sure and if they do we'll cancel our BoG and enjoy park time earlier in the day. One of our MK days is anticipated to be a 10 on TP so an early start that day is going to be essential!!

Thanks! I'll do that for sure and if they do we'll cancel our BoG and enjoy park time earlier in the day. One of our MK days is anticipated to be a 10 on TP so an early start that day is going to be essential!!

I would choose BOG on a party day. The park is less crowded, especially at RD, so it could be a win win for you, You get an early entry to the park for breakfast, and a less crowded MK.

The non pary days are pretty rough. We are going on one of those afternoons so we can see the evening entertainment, and I am not looking forward to the crush. I woudl book lunch anywhere you can, as well as dinner. Even CS are crazy busy on those three nights.

I would choose BOG on a party day. The park is less crowded, especially at RD, so it could be a win win for you, You get an early entry to the park for breakfast, and a less crowded MK.

The non pary days are pretty rough. We are going on one of those afternoons so we can see the evening entertainment, and I am not looking forward to the crush. I woudl book lunch anywhere you can, as well as dinner. Even CS are crazy busy on those three nights.
Yes I would agree. We have 3 full MK days planned and I purposely booked all 3 of those on party days. We normally visit in September and this is my strategy in September too as the MK is less busy on party days. Like you we will hop to the MK one evening for the entertainment but if it’s too busy we’ll skip the evening entertainment for this trip.

When we were at Disney in Jan, part way through our trip they started allowing those with the DP to pre-order via MDE at some QS locations. We started using it that very first day and never looked back! A huge time saver! I highly recommend using this option if you can. I know we will be using it for sure!

Yes I would agree. We have 3 full MK days planned and I purposely booked all 3 of those on party days. We normally visit in September but this is my strategy in September too an the MK is less busy on party days. Like you we will hop to the MK one evening for the entertainment but if it’s too busy we’ll skip the evening entertainment for this trip.

When we were at Disney in Jan, part way through our trip they started allowing those with the DP to pre-order at some QS locations. We started using it that very first day and never looked back! A huge time saver! I highly recommend using this option if you can! I know we will be using it for sure!

My daughter told me about the mobile ordering and I agree, we are bent on using it this trip. It will force us to choose our food and we will not be behind folks who are trying to decide at the register.

We are planning one MK non party night, and will arrive later in the day. I plan to book at least dinner and the three FP we want, and hope for the best. We have a newbie with us, and I wanted her to see the Castle show, but I am not looking forward to the crowd for HEA. If it is too crazy we will just beat feet out and see it from the TTC, and call it a night.

We have always had luck getting in early. Hardly never get that highly coveted 8:00 AM. Usually get 8:20-8:35, but never got turned away when we got there with all the rest of the first thing in the morning guests. I usually say, I am a little early, and always go with the mindset they could be behind, but usually get seated within a few minutes.

Last edited:
One of our MK days is a non-party day, so anticipated high crowds. We don’t have a TS reservation that night. We were planning on doing QS with mobile ordering because we wanted to make sure we saw the castle show/fireworks since it’s our only night to see them. Is that a bad idea? Should I try to get a sit down booked? We won’t have any TS credits left so would be paying OOP. We wouldn’t want to do BOG dinner because we already have a lunch there and my girls would be afraid of the beast! We have CRT the next night.

One of our MK days is a non-party day, so anticipated high crowds. We don’t have a TS reservation that night. We were planning on doing QS with mobile ordering because we wanted to make sure we saw the castle show/fireworks since it’s our only night to see them. Is that a bad idea? Should I try to get a sit down booked? We won’t have any TS credits left so would be paying OOP. We wouldn’t want to do BOG dinner because we already have a lunch there and my girls would be afraid of the beast! We have CRT the next night.
I don’t see that booking a TS reservation is going to make this better. I would stick with the plan you have if it were me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter