How early to book Universal Resorts?

If everyone books ahead "just in case", then the hotel will look full, and therefore there's no need to offer discounts. Right?
On the other hand, if everyone books ahead "just in case", then the hotel will look full & they'll raise rates on remaining rooms, so they'll be more expensive for those who didn't book ahead. And then the people who already booked will be very proud of their good deal, and will hang onto it because it's "cheap" compared to the other rates now available...

On the other hand, if everyone books ahead "just in case", then the hotel will look full & they'll raise rates on remaining rooms, so they'll be more expensive for those who didn't book ahead. And then the people who already booked will be very proud of their good deal, and will hang onto it because it's "cheap" compared to the other rates now available...
Danged if you do, danged if you don't!

I am looking at dates in April which don't currently have either Savvy Traveler or AP rates. I understand the logic of booking now anyway, but won't that affect Loew's decision making as to whether or not to offer discounts? If everyone books ahead "just in case", then the hotel will look full, and therefore there's no need to offer discounts. Right?
I have been watching rates and availability fluctuate wildly. One week there were only suites available and the next week the savvy travelers as well as the AP rate were available. I have not seen any prices as low as when I booked over the summer, though. I am glad I booked early but if the price lowers I will be even happier.

It has been many, many years since my time as a revenue manager for a hotel and I am sure things are more fine-tuned than back in the day. I haven't worked in the hospitality industry for over 20 years. When anticipating occupancy and forecasting revenue, re-bookings/cancellations, double bookings, etc. are probably par for the course for Universal and Disney. They know some will book early and rebook if the price decreases while others will wait and see. They'll maximize revenue either way.

We booked our June 2023 trip through Priceline. They had free cancellation up to 5 days before check-in. Snagged Aventura for $156 a night.

I did make a "just in case" reservation at RPR for mid/late April. We're now only three months away, and the room rates are still quite high. Disney just released some discounts. Is it hopeless to expect any rate drops/discounts from Uni at this point?

I did make a "just in case" reservation at RPR for mid/late April. We're now only three months away, and the room rates are still quite high. Disney just released some discounts. Is it hopeless to expect any rate drops/discounts from Uni at this point?
My family have booked for April as well. Hoping for a discount!!

I'm still looking at our possible March dates, hoping for a decrease on premiers, but nothing yet. I might just book Aventura just to have something, although we're not sure at all if we're going. I think it's probably a good idea to book something just to make sure you have something.

I strongly encourage the “Book It And Then Keep Looking” philosophy. We had a Savvy Traveler rate at Portofino Bay for February 4 - 11. Today, a Savvy Traveler rate came available for Sapphire Falls for the same dates, so I canceled my PBH reservation for the SF reservation, and saved ~$190 a night. Although I’ll miss out on the unlimited express and the bigger room, I actually prefer the SF restaurants (Strong Water and Amatista) over the PBH restaurants, plus the RPR restaurants are a short walk away now.

I'm still looking at our possible March dates, hoping for a decrease on premiers, but nothing yet. I might just book Aventura just to have something, although we're not sure at all if we're going. I think it's probably a good idea to book something just to make sure you have something.
I just booked March, Royal Pacific for 3/9-3/10 is ~$350, they also have AP rates on the Aventura last I looked.

I have been watching rates for months . They fluctuate daily , it’s crazy how high they are getting. I booked a RP club level Thanksgiving week as soon as booking was available. 4 adults for 599 a night . I will continue to check AP rates. I don’t think I will get anything better but I still check daily . Good luck everyone.

Does anyone have a direct link to booking on the official Universal Orlando site? I can’t find anything that actually lets you book a hotel. If I click on check availability it takes me to something called the UK store. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter