How easy is it to rent out points?

Walking has been around since they changed booking from 7 or 11 months from your departure day to booking 7 to 11 months from your check in day.

And before that, we called every day to reserve one day at a time if we were worried about availability. And that was at 11 months.

Even a few weeks later, it is max 78 studios, points sold for cabjns, and WL at Christmas. Still tough.

Thanks for the advice everyone! So instead of buying direct at 75 points we’re considering saving more money and going in resale at 100 points...

I just rented for the first time (except once to a family member and once to a friend before) via David's and it was easy and smooth. I sent them the form late Monday night and had a renter Tuesday afternoon. I rented BWV points with 11 month booking priority. I would think distressed points (ones that have a short life left) or an existing reservation or some of the more undesirable resorts would be more difficult. CCV with 11 month priority should not be a problem to book.

Also, OP, if you are looking at 75 CCV points maybe you should consider direct. We just added 70 direct and it works out to not be a big cost difference when you figure you're getting a fully loaded contract (current UY points forward...not missing points) and the closing costs are less than resale. I also used my Chase Disney Visa and got 2% back in rewards dollars as well as 6 months 0% APR.

I’m a huge fan of resale with one exception: if what you want is the current resort for sale, then direct is probably a better deal.

1. There’s not enough price differential.

2. No loaded points resale.

3. Perks.

I have 3 contracts: 2 resale and 1 direct. The direct contract, Poly, was new at the time.

Also, OP, if you are looking at 75 CCV points maybe you should consider direct. We just added 70 direct and it works out to not be a big cost difference when you figure you're getting a fully loaded contract (current UY points forward...not missing points) and the closing costs are less than resale. I also used my Chase Disney Visa and got 2% back in rewards dollars as well as 6 months 0% APR.
Thank you I did not realize the closing costs were higher for resale. The agent I spoke with at Disney for 75 points with CCV direct said closing would be $388 if we secure our own financing (which we would do anyways).

Also one thing I like about direct is we have a trip booked December 2018 and because we’d get a fully loaded UY we could cancel our December 2018 trip at AoA, stay on our newly acquired 2018 points at a studio- allowing us to use that cash that we were gonna use at AoA as a down payment. She said they have a studio avail for our dates (which surprised me)

Also one thing I like about direct is we have a trip booked December 2018 and because we’d get a fully loaded UY we could cancel our December 2018 trip at AoA, stay on our newly acquired 2018 points at a studio- allowing us to use that cash that we were gonna use at AoA as a down payment. She said they have a studio avail for our dates (which surprised me)
I have to go back and re read this thread but is this your very first DVC contract? If so, then when you buy direct as a new member they will make some magic to help you get your first reservation if there is availability issues.

ALso, if you get Oct or Dec UY you will get 2017 points as well as 2018 since it's not in the 2018 UY for those yet. I bought Aug UY in July so we got them.

I have to go back and re read this thread but is this your very first DVC contract? If so, then when you buy direct as a new member they will make some magic to help you get your first reservation if there is availability issues.
Yes this would be our first one:) I figured there would be special magic going on because I was shocked when she said they had studio availability for our December dates when all I see is it’s sold out mostly everywhere for studios!

Oh bummer about the UY! The copper creek direct has an April UY.

Yes this would be our first one:) I figured there would be special magic going on because I was shocked when she said they had studio availability for our December dates when all I see is it’s sold out mostly everywhere for studios!

If a different UY would work better for your expected travel pattern, ask for it. You don’t have to take what they’re offering.

Like Carolyn said, you can get any of the UY. I'd ask for Oct.

They will also bank those 2017 points for you even though you're past the banking deadline. Then you can use those and some/all of 2018 points to get that Dec resie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter