How easy is it to see Rivers of Light without package or FP?

PinkBudgie

DIS Veteran
Just made my FP selections today. I'm wondering if I should have made one for Rivers of Light. Can we just walk up and see it? We haven't been to WDW in 5 years and this is only our second time. I'm doubting a FP would be available to make that same day but maybe? We are going in June. Thanks!

Yes, you'll be able to walk up. I'd suggest 30 minutes early or so. You should also be able to grab a last minute FP+ for it. If you haven't seen it before, it's worth checking out, but don't have high expectations.

We saw this for the first time on our January 2019 trip. We went in about 30 minutes before it started and there were still many seats available. I think you will be fine. :)

We were there almost a month ago and it was very busy, the crowds were crazy. We went an hour early and got excellent seats. We were some of the first people there.We had been there since 8 am and we’re ready to sit and relax for awhile. I think you’d probably be fine and still get seats no problem up to 30 min before but around then and after people really start flooding in.

I would never recommend getting a fast pass for an evening show unless there is literally nothing else left that you want to fast pass

Is there 1 or 2 performances that night? We went to the late show last June and the amphitheater was only about 1/3rd full. We had picked up FPs as our 8th of the day but didn’t need them.

The early show appeared to be completely full.

Is there 1 or 2 performances that night? We went to the late show last June and the amphitheater was only about 1/3rd full. We had picked up FPs as our 8th of the day but didn’t need them.

The early show appeared to be completely full.
Oh, I didn't even know there were ever two. The FP choices only showed 8pm but I don't know. At DLR if there are two showing of a show or parade, we always choose the later one for that reason. We have 3 days scheduled there so it seems like we should be able to do it without FPs then. When I searched, all I could find was info from when it first opened and I didn't know if it was still as hard to see. I guess not.

I think in June there is only one showing at 9pm. That's when we're going too, and I was checking showtimes for various things in the parks, and that's what I saw for RoL.

I think in June there is only one showing at 9pm. That's when we're going too, and I was checking showtimes for various things in the parks, and that's what I saw for RoL.

June hours have not been finalized yet. The latest update was through June 1, with Rivers of Light scheduled at 9 and 10 pm.

It is very likely that additional performances will be scheduled when the park hours for the rest of the month are finalized. This will probably occur on May 11.

On most nights, if you arrive 30 minutes before the show starts, you should be able to get a very good seat without any trouble.
If you are there on a night with 2 shows, going to the later show makes that even easier.

We went last year during spring break to the later show, wandered in 10 minutes prior and got great seats. 5 entire sections never had people in them.

I would have been kicking myself if we had wasted money or time on a FP or dining package for it.

FWIW, I really enjoyed Rivers of Light, but when I saw it, they still had the two shamans (I think that is what they were) at it. Wish they had kept them.

I agree to keep an eye on the schedule. If there is only one show it might be smart to show up about 45 min before the show. If there are 2 shows the second one is almost always only half full

OP will be there in June, so they'll be seeing the new version of RoL that is only just starting Memorial Day weekend. I find that when you couple the words "new" and "Disney" together, all bets are off. However, since we are talking about RoL there would have to be some major changes to turn it from "meh" to "must see". However, it is Disney and if they do manage to create something that is a "must see", word of mouth would have the RoL FP+ and packages disappearing faster and standby lines starting up sooner.

I'm sure info about the new RoL will be reported on the boards when it debuts a little over a month from now. I'm really hoping we get something that is a "must see".

OP will be there in June, so they'll be seeing the new version of RoL that is only just starting Memorial Day weekend. I find that when you couple the words "new" and "Disney" together, all bets are off. However, since we are talking about RoL there would have to be some major changes to turn it from "meh" to "must see". However, it is Disney and if they do manage to create something that is a "must see", word of mouth would have the RoL FP+ and packages disappearing faster and standby lines starting up sooner.

I'm sure info about the new RoL will be reported on the boards when it debuts a little over a month from now. I'm really hoping we get something that is a "must see".

I wouldn't think the new show should make much difference. The uninformed masses who don't keep up with Disney news likely won't know about it, and those of us who do stalk Disney news daily don't seem like they think it's going to make the show any better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!