How far in advance do you book your Disney vacation?

Lil Lil

DIS Veteran
Just curious how far in advance do you book your Disney vacation? I'm looking now for this October. Some people think that looking now is to early to book for the fall. I guess it can all depend on how good the deal is. I don't want to miss out on any deals? Plus I enjoy all the planning ahead. That is part of the fun.

It's never too early to plan. You can book now to assure yourself of getting the resort you want. If a better deal comes along, you can always take it.

Well, I made my first trip last month and we booked it 10 days before we left! We got a great deal on the hotel since they weren't booked yet and it was so close. The flights might be harder to find depending on where you're travelling from the number of flights leaving daily. We had no problems though since it was low season.

If you have a hotel/resort in mind that is a MUST do for you, then I'd suggest booking it early to make sure you get in.

I've made reservations as long as a year in advance and as close as 6 weeks. :) As others have said, as soon as you know what your dates are, make the reservations. You can always rebook at a discount or modify your dates as your trip gets closer.

I have been lucky enough to go every 3 to 4 years. However, I have been attempting to go yearly since 1999 but sometimes things just pop up preventing me from going (ie. hospital stay in 2001 during the week of my paid vacation to Disney - can't even talk about the disappointment in being hospitalized instead of enjoying Disney). Ergo, this experience makes me a bit nervous to schedule things too far in advance. I always have a couple of dates in mind but don't speak them outloud (always easy to save money for a vacation over time then when it is quickly needed in just 60/90 days time). Most times, my vacations are now scheduled 90 to 120 days in advance. I did schedule the FTP almost 6 months in advance last year then sat there for 4 out of the 6 months contemplating daily if I would be able to take the vacation (family issues, job issues, personal issues all cropped up and didn't leave). That took some of the fun out of it up until the morning I left for the vacation then it all kicked in big time, especially knowing I was going solo and leaving it all behind.

I currently have a nondisney cruise planned in 2 months. I have been talking to my family and saving money for a possible Disney trip and would love to think that I may go before the end of the year but I won't know for sure until maybe the end of the summer. Until then, I will continue to dream.

DH & I are vacation nuts, we usually book our next vacation as soon as we return from one. That can be anywhere from 6 weeks to a year in advance. As long as you are pretty sure about the time frame-- go on and book it!

DVC member so it has to be 11 months at the earliest - it has been late as a few days - got the I need a Disney fix and lucky DVC had the availability....

this trip was set up about 50 days ago - I can't wait!!!

leaving on the 8th - arriving on the 9th (I drive at night) - can't wait!!!:bounce:

It doesn't have to be too far ahead....maybe 3-4- months.

We try not to buy too much ahead of time that cannot be canceled without penalty (you never know when another grandkid may come along!)

The vacation on my counter was planned in Sept., so 6 months out, but we also have WDW planned for December at 11 months out. DH and I are definitely early vacation planners, we're nearly set with our '05 DVC plans, not booked but decided.

Sorry to hear about your '01 trip plans, yecat, I, too had plans that year that had to be cancelled due to operation, but we were lucky and went 2 months later. We gave ourselves 1 extra day as a reward.

Bobbi:D

We booked in February for our trip the week after Thanksgiving. Partly, this was due to making sure we could afford it, and also in case something came up, we could change things around without penalties and such.

Bobbiwoz - I originally had a 6 day trip planned in Dec 2001 when I ended up in the hospital that week. I went back in Dec. 2002 for a trip that lasted 11 days total to make up for the one I missed the year before. Then last year went for 10 in Nov. on FTP that was truly wonderful. Now I am waiting to see what type of offers are going to be made in the summer as I am trying to target Nov. again for a possible vacation. It is always a wait and see option.

It is sort of interesting to see the responses. I have plans in my head for possible dates in 2005 or 2006 but I don't think I could ever plan something that far in advance. Heck, I've been waiting around for my cruise for 60 days and it is one month away. Just too far out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter