How far in advance do you start packing?

This vacation is harder for me. I’m usually done by now but I now have a 13 month old to pack for, winter and summer clothes and hiding this on our 9 year old since it’s a suprise. So all I’ve done at 14 days out is throw all of the summer and Christmas themed outfits into the luggage. It’s just tossed in there in our basement and I will have to wait until 2 days before (after we tell our daughter ) to sort threw it, out then in ziplock bags according to the park day and get all of our winter stuff in there

We live in a cold climate, so all my warm weather clothes are already in my suitcase, washed and ready to be ironed a few days before we fly. I've made lots of lists, and I'm adding food stuffs, toiletries, gifts (for Christmas) etc every week. 24 days and counting :yay:

We live in a cold climate, so all my warm weather clothes are already in my suitcase, washed and ready to be ironed a few days before we fly. I've made lots of lists, and I'm adding food stuffs, toiletries, gifts (for Christmas) etc every week. 24 days and counting :yay:
Does ironing and folding in suitcase work? I’ve tried ironing and rolling the clothes but nothing ever stays ironed!

Does ironing and folding in suitcase work? I’ve tried ironing and rolling the clothes but nothing ever stays ironed!
I know, I should just iron them when I need them during the trip, but I just can't put wrinkled clothes in my suitcase, a little foible of mine :o

I'll typically do laundry and fill my TSA-sized liquid toiletry bottles 2 days before, then pack most things the day before. Phone and tablet get a charge overnight and then go in the bags the morning of departure.

I made a packing list a month or so in advance and, a couple of weeks out, as I found each item on the list, I washed it and placed it in a specific bag, checking it against my packing list. That way I knew what I already had and what still needed to be washed and identified for packing. So the day before, when it was time to pack the suitcase I had everything I needed, already washed and ready to pack!

We leave in 10days, so we finished packing our liquids bag this weekend, and started on our carryons and finish those up the weekend before we leave and pack our checked bag 2 days before we head to airport.

when my kids were little,and we traveled yearly,I'd start packing like 3-4 weeks ahead..... now we're all grown, and we travel 3-4 times a year.... IDK maybe a few days before? I like to make sure I have what I'll need.... our next up trip is about 12 days away and haven't started yet.... I'll probably dig out my suitcase by the weekend so I can start tossing stuff in over the course of a few days...

I typically start a solid week in advance (usually a weekend day about 7-10 days in advance).

This is primarily so I can see if anything might be needed, and it gives me the opportunity to 'remember' things I might forget.

Then I complete the rest a day or two prior to departure.

I used to iron dh's dress shirts when he took working trips, then hang them in plastic dry cleaning bags, then roll them and place them in suitcase. When he got to hotel, he'd just hang them and they were fine!!

Since we are going at Halloween time next year, I put aside Halloween themed things to bring as they went on sale, or before they got packed away, that sort of thing. So, I'd say 365 days ahead!

I start making my lists a few weeks (months??) in advance. Non-clothes items start getting put into piles about a week before, and clothes about 2 days before, once the weather reports seem more reliable.
Can you share your list? Or a list of must haves.

Can anyone share a list of must haves?
Haven’t been to WDW since 2012 and want to be as prepared as could be and have everything I need. First time staying on site

1 day before then unpack and double check everything right before we leave. If I were to pack early I would just unpack and recheck every single day lol

I usually start buying things that we’ll need and setting them aside several weeks before the trip, but I don’t pull out the suitcases and start packing until a couple of days before we leave.

We just got back from a non-Disney trip yesterday afternoon and we leave for Disney in 41 days, so as I was unpacking the suitcases this morning, I just refilled a few things and put them back in the suitcases and added some stuff that I’d set aside for our Disney trip. Now we just need to throw some clothes in the day before we go and we’ll be all set.

Quite literally the night before. I only go for five or six days, and packing isn't exactly rocket science. Plus with my rental car, if I forget something, it's a short drive to the nearby Walmart or Target once I'm at WDW.

I break out the suitcases, and start packing 2 to 3 days before departure. Shirts get packed just the night before to help with wrinkles.

We also have dogs to prepare for boarding, so I like to be as organized as possible so I don't forget anything for them (or us)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!