How far in advance is Aulani canceling reservations?

Yes, I called the number on the main website. Got a gentleman on the phone and explained my situation, and he looked it up with my confirmation number. He said he couldn't tell me anything else other than it says it was cancelled.

Yes, I called the number on the main website. Got a gentleman on the phone and explained my situation, and he looked it up with my confirmation number. He said he couldn't tell me anything else other than it says it was cancelled.

Thank you.

We are 43 days out and just saw the the Lt. Governor said he sees no reason why they won’t open up for tourists October 1. Crossing my fingers this holds true!

So I too have rented points for the 2nd week of October. My reservation is still showing on the Aulani website. I used the chat feature to ask some questions about my reservation, but they would only say that I need to call the main reservations number. So I did. The woman I spoke with was very helpful. She confirmed that they are indeed cancelling reservations about 7-10 business days out from arrival. Apparently the hotel side of things has a stop sale through Oct. 18th. So no new hotel reservations until then.

When the looked up my confirmation number, she told me since I booked DVC, that changes everything. She could not speak for DVC and that I would have to contact them. As a renter, I don't think they will share anything with me so I didn't call. She told me DVC is doing things different than the hotel side of the resort due to the points situation. Which I understand.

I honestly don't even want to go now. This is becoming more stressful than it's worth. If any DVC members see this, and are willing, can you tell me if the DVC website is showing availability for booking anything before Oct 18th?

If any DVC members see this, and are willing, can you tell me if the DVC website is showing availability for booking anything before Oct 18th?

All booking categories for DVC are blocked through the 17th, so nothing is showing available before October 18th. Hopefully that comes as somewhat of a relief if you have a good rental situation!

All booking categories for DVC are blocked through the 17th, so nothing is showing available before October 18th. Hopefully that comes as somewhat of a relief if you have a good rental situation!

Thank you!

I found another website that posted what appeared to be an official statement from Aulani stating they will remain closed until 10/18, but I can't find anything from Disney. I assumed this announcement was sent to travel agents?

Through the DVC website? This is very curious. Because it seems like many folks aren’t seeing that.

I too am seeing availability starting October 3. Its for a 1 bedroom Island Gardens View. There is no availability the week of October 10. After the 18th everything is available

Well, I’m less than 4 weeks out. Hopefully it will be cancelled soon. Not sure how good the experience will be. Can you imagine closed slides and hot tubs like here in California? What a waste.

Well, I’m less than 4 weeks out. Hopefully it will be cancelled soon. Not sure how good the experience will be. Can you imagine closed slides and hot tubs like here in California? What a waste.

Not to mention the current lockdown. No retail, no salons, no pools, No gyms, no tourist attractions open, and restaurants are takeout only. You can sit on the sand, but you must be socially distanced from members of your own household, including babies and young children. The police are strictly enforcing the laws at parks and beaches and handing out tickets left and right - violations earn you a potential $5,000 fine, a day in court, and a misdemeanor. the lockdown lasts until Sept. 23 and we were told to brace for a slooooooow reopening this time around.

Through the DVC website? This is very curious. Because it seems like many folks aren’t seeing that.

The availability from October 1st-October 17th will come and go as the CMs handle the rolling cancellations and remove availability showing on the DVC site from members canceling their own reservations. This has been happening all along with VGC and Aulani. You’ll hopefully hear from whomever you rented from ASAP!

Thank you! I was hoping that was the case. At this point, the rental store is only indicating I most likely will be cancelled, but will have to wait on DVC.

We were scheduled to check in on 10/3. Yesterday our reservation was still showing up online. I just checked it this morning and it's now gone. I knew it was coming but today is my wedding anniversary and the trip was going to be an anniversary celebration. So it still stings.

I just called this morning and cancelled our reservation. We were 39 days out and our return flight was cancelled which was weird. I really need a vacation!!!!!

We got cancelled yesterday, rental store confirmed it today. Now just waiting on my credit details and when we can re-book.

I found another website that posted what appeared to be an official statement from Aulani stating they will remain closed until 10/18, but I can't find anything from Disney. I assumed this announcement was sent to travel agents?

I book travel on the side, no news has been sent to TA's. I did log on this am and October 18th appears to be the first date we can book - dates prior to that show no availability.

We are supposed to be at Aulani October 10-17 and my trip still hasn't been cancelled. I've called member services more than once and they keep telling us the same thing you all seem to have been saying. Basically October 18th is the opening date and no specific list of which amenities within the hotel will be opening are known. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated as they keep telling me my trip will automatically be cancelled and then be told at the same time they have no clue when it will or why ours hasn't already cancelled. They keep saying that cancellations are automatically happening at the 3 week mark but I'm now inside of that by a few days even. It would just be nice to know what I need to do with my flights and things like that instead of just hearing "sorry, but we don't know at this time".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter