How is CRT dinner?

kmdrago1783

Mouseketeer
We have done CRT breakfast and enjoyed it. I'm scheduling BBB for my two girls (3 and 7) and want to do dinner at either BOG or CRT. We've done BOG and the food was "eh" but I loved the atmosphere. We also went when it first opened so maybe it has improved. How is CRT dinner ? Are the princesses at the dinner?

Princesses are at the dinner. Cinderella is downstairs greeting guests and 4 others (Aurora, Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, but can change) in the dining room going from table to table. All children get a wishing star, girls get a wand and boys get a sword for the "wishing ceremony" during dinner. The food is here is also "eh" to us, you no long have a choice of an appetizer it is a meat/cheese plate for adults and grapes/cheese for children. The main courses and deserts have also been reduced. We love the atmosphere, but think next time we will either skip or book for a breakfast.

I would pick BOG the food was better here our last trip and adults have a bigger choice of beer/wine for dinner. I think CRT has sparkling wine only if I remember correctly.

The princesses are there at dinner. The castle is a very special setting. Still, I feel like for the price they charge for dinner, the food leaves much to be desired. Breakfast is better. The food is a slight improvement over dinner (we bring along a ziplock and put our extra pastries in it for snacking on later), the princesses are there, the castle is just as spectacular, and the price is more reasonable.

I agree - you don't go to CRT for the food. We did not enjoy the dinner food at all. Our meal at CRT was our worst meal at Disney ever. We enjoy BOG better then CRT. And we enjoy Akershus much better than CRT.

The food wasn't that great. We liked the food at Be our Guest much better. The princesses are there, but we didn't think the interaction was that great. It was far too expensive and I wouldn't go back. Be our Guest was a much better experience.

We have done CRT breakfast and enjoyed it. I'm scheduling BBB for my two girls (3 and 7) and want to do dinner at either BOG or CRT. We've done BOG and the food was "eh" but I loved the atmosphere. We also went when it first opened so maybe it has improved. How is CRT dinner ? Are the princesses at the dinner?
Yes, they are. The castle is a nice atmosphere for dinner & the food is fine. I recommend it as long as you're not a "foodie".

The atmosphere is great, especially if you're lucky enough to be in the castle during the fireworks show (though I'm guessing with a 3-year-old and a 7-year-old you wouldn't be eating that late). The Princesses really take their time at each table too. Most people, including some in this thread already, are down on the food, but I'd put it somewhere between "just fine" and "good". The steak isn't going to live up to something you'd get at Le Cellier, but at least IMO it's better than the average Outback Steakhouse cut. Last time I was there, my biggest frustration was that a glass of Moët & Chandon Brut Impérial Rosé was $24 -- or about half what you'd pay for a full bottle at a liquor store.

We're booked for dinner at CRT in December. I am not expecting marvellous things from the food. BUT, I wanted to see the inside of the castle, and my 4yr old is very excited to get her cinderella dress on and go to a "real castle" for her dinner. I will let y'all know how it goes.

IMO, the Castle dinner is a must do (at least once). We have done it twice and i don't expect doing it again at least not until another there are grand children in the picture. THe last time we did it, we were on the DDP and it was 2 credits but my daughter was ~8 and it was something we simply had to do for her. We were inside during the fireworks and it was neat but not something that made the experience.... the first time we went, we were on the DDP and it was only a single dinging credit (the good ole days) and my oldest son was probably ~4. I remember distinctly him coming up to me after just meeting Cinderella and saying, "Daddy, I love her!" I said, me too son, me too!

I agree - you don't go to CRT for the food. We did not enjoy the dinner food at all. Our meal at CRT was our worst meal at Disney ever. We enjoy BOG better then CRT. And we enjoy Akershus much better than CRT.
We've done Akershus as well and it was okay.. IMHO Disney food isn't the best in general...

We've done Akershus as well and it was okay.. IMHO Disney food isn't the best in general...

I agree for the character meals -it is not about the food. Although non character meals we have had some really good meals at Disney. I just can't see spending over $70 per person and the food being inedible. We were a party of 7 and the 3 of the 7 had the pasta dish and it was if they dropped the salt shaker on the dish by mistake. The salad had 2 stalks of lettuce and we were rushed through the meal. We were out in less than an hour. We spent about $600 and some of our kids left there hungry. We enjoyed our meals at Akershus and we have been there many times. I will go back to CRT someday to try it again but not for a while.

I was looking forward to finding out what an $80 (steak) salad tastes like. At least it will only cost about $40 because of the free dining promotion.

Another plus for dinner is being in the castle during the fireworks. With the new show, a lot of that stuff is taking off right outside of the windows. Kids were screaming and crying when we were there last month. So I guess it could be a plus or a minus - depending on your sense of adventure.

That depends.....can the adults get alcohol in the castle yet? :cool1:

Ok...it's been a few years since we've been (and I'd only go if my DD asked to go again). It's an experience you're buying, not a gourmet meal. The DD liked it but didn't love it - a lot of that had to do with some screaming toddlers sitting next to us and the DD just getting over a cold. The food was ok at best - we didn't leave hungry but it was utterly forgettable.

I think if you have younger kids really into princesses, it can be a great experience.

It gets a lot of complaints on here for the food but we have really enjoyed it our last two trips. Before those, I kind of felt the food was edible but nothing fantastic (never had a downright bad meal in 17 trips) but it was one of the highlights of our trip this March and FWIW-we dine in NYC at least once a month so we are not naïve about good food. The steak and shrimp entrée was really good and we enjoyed the charcuterie app as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter