How is Goofy's Kitchen for dinner?

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
I know there have been a lot of posts about it having gone downhill. Is it just less characters? How is the food? I wasn't impressed last time so is it pretty much the same so-so kid fare? I just want a fun close meal for dinner and it looks like the ones with fun atmospheres are going to be pricy so I just want to know what to expect if I go with Goofy's.

I have never liked the food there. There's plenty of stuff to choose from, but I feel it is tasteless and probably made that way on purpose to make it more palatable for younger people. You may want to look at doing quick service at Tangaroa Terrace and just sitting outside there or taking it back to your room. The food is good and it will be a lot less expensive.

The other place that could be fun (and very loud) for your children is Rainforest Cafe. It is pricey, but pretty entertaining. There are animatronics, lightning storms and a really nice aquarium in there. The gift shop in there is also pretty entertaining.

We were there in July and we didn't feel the food was bad, the same as it has been in during our other visits. We did have to wait for all the characters to come to our table, but they all did visit at one point. We will continue to go there once a year, at least.

We loved it - we were there two weeks ago today. I was so apprehensive about it given all the negative reviews I have read lately, but it worked perfectly in our schedule (went the evening we arrived, non-park day). We had a blast. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Perhaps the key for us was we made 5:15 reservations, so very early in the evening. When we walked in, there was maybe a 5 minute wait to have pictures taken with Mickey (he is there until early Sept, I think). Then as we were being shown back to our table, Minnie walked toward us and when she saw the kids, she grabbed their hands and brought us to our table. She spent a ton of time with us. Before we sat down, Dale came by and after we ordered drinks Chip was there. Pluto and Goofy came right after we got our food. We had so much character interaction. The food was fine! There was plenty I enjoyed and left very full. We never go to buffets and loved that I could let the kids pick whatever they wanted. Cheese pizza and popcorn shrimp FTW. Plenty of desserts. My kids especially loved the "worms and dirt."

ETA: my kids are 5 and enthusiastic about meeting characters, if that adds any context to my opinion. The also wore chef coats and hats that I had made for them a few Halloweens ago

We are going for the first time in November and have the same concerns as you. Hoping it's good for our kids!

We enjoy Goofy's Kitchen, but there isn't a huge choice of food options. The dessert section is awesome though, ton of desserts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter