• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is Sharks Underwater Grill restaurant?

Tanya

Mouseketeer
Hi -- has anyone ever been here. Just wanted to know how the food was. Lunch/dinner, etc.... Trying to plan something different for my birthday and plus my daughter would probably be amazed with the fish. (Sharks).. she is only 2 1/2.

Thanks.

I'm going to eat in there when DH does the shark swim :eek:
You'll have to let us know whats on the menu Barry

I saw it on 10/11/02.
The entrance to the shark exhibit is now to the left side. You enter, go thru the same tunnels as before seeing the barracuda, and eals, then the tube thru the sharks. After that you go out, whereas before, you could go to the right and see the sharks behind the glass.
The restaurant is now in the middle and the tables face the glass.

It's a very fancy restaurant, along the lines of Mythos. There is a real wood burning oven to the left. To the right is a bar. The table is an aquarium with a clear top. So you're placing your drinks on a see thru aquarium.

Outside is a menu with prices. All fancy stuff here. Seafood and Steak. Entrees rangs from $15 to $25. There is a kids menu with pasta and pizza.
This is not a burger and fries joint. It's very fancy.

The thing here, is that it's indoors.
Whereas dinner with Shamu is outdoors under fans.
The Shark Exhibit is top of the line at SWF now.
Bring lots of money.

We just got back from an eight day trip to Orlando. We ate lunch at Sharks on 10/7. They bring out a round of bread that is half white and half wheat along with some butter after you are seated. The wood oven cooked pizza was good, big and filling for $6.95. My Mom got the chicken fingers from the kid's menu and it came with 5 chicken fingers and fries and it was $6.95. We really liked this place. There are two or three tiers of tables and then a top tier with half circle booths (that was where we sat). Everyone has a great view of the sharks. We really appreciated how cool it was in there because it was really hot outside.

Maybe we will do a lunch there too instead of a dinner... Haven't decided yet.... but my 2 1/2 year old will probably say "big fishie"... when she sees them.

Thanks.

I will post a more detailed review, but in summary: it was very good, but not as good as Mythos. Shark's wasn't as droll-indicing as some other places, but it certainly wasn't a bust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter