How is the view of Happily Ever After from California Grill?

KarenP64

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm hesitant to go to MK to see the show/fireworks knowing how crowded it will be (since we have health issues to consider) & was wondering if the view from California Grill is close enough / good enough to see the Happily Ever After show clearly enough. We saw the fireworks there in 2014, but I can't remember if you can see the front of the castle well enough to enjoy the new show fully. If anyone has any photos to share that would be much appreciated! TIA!

This question is better asked on the Main Dining Thread, not here on the Dining Review Thread

EA0C30EC-7B87-4C77-8598-793A76715CA2.jpeg
This is one of the pictures I took from the walkway outside the CG the night we went if that helps any

So, are you able to see the individual characters as they appear on the front of the castle? It looks like it's a little too far to see the detail of those, but maybe I'm wrong...? I would just love to see the full show for once & it may be worth fighting the crowds to see it, but if it's clear from CG, then that would be the easier choice for us. Thank you for your input & photo!

I think you can see the fireworks as opposed to the show from CG.
Don't know if there are any FPs you can use or restaurant packages to see it closer in more comfort but that might be something to look for.

You can reserve the dessert party in the Magic Kingdom, if you want to see the projections up close but not fight the crowd. The view is off-center, but fine.

You're much too far away to see the projections from California Grill. I think the show is still lovely from there, even the new one. The fireworks are still fabulous and they pipe in the music.

For the whole show experience though, there's nothing like being in the park close to the castle. The whole vibe of the show and the crowd is just different. Fighting the crowds is rough sometimes, but I recommend trying to see the show up close at least once if you can.

I was wondering the same thing, but imagine the show isn't nearly as good from California Grill as Wishes was. I vastly prefer the emphasis on fireworks as opposed to projections, but maybe I'm old fashioned.

I've never seen any fireworks show at WDW, up close and personal, excepting a show at the MK castle where they do daytime fireworks; a tad weird but once and done was fine.
I view from hotel rooms, restaurants, club lounges, and beaches and still feel like I've seen enough to get the point.

I'd view from CG in a nanosecond to avoid the hordes leaving the park.

I was wondering the same thing, but imagine the show isn't nearly as good from California Grill as Wishes was. I vastly prefer the emphasis on fireworks as opposed to projections, but maybe I'm old fashioned.

i am honestly not a huge fan of the projections, so i prefer HEA from further away (like cali grill or the poly) so that i can just watch the fireworks. there’s as much pyro in HEA as there was in wishes.

(ps : i’m still sad that wishes is gone!)

The fireworks are beautiful from there, but you can't see the projections. If you don't care about the projections, CG is fine; but to really get the effect of the whole show you should be in the park.

IMG_1983.JPG
I thought it was great. The view and the music piped in made it amazing. If you're eating,they cover your plates to keep good warm. Can't wait to do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter