How likely (or unlikely) 2 bedroom villa @ BLT or VGF available at 8 months out?

remel

Earning My Ears
Hi All! Just joined the group as we decided to try to plan for Disney in early/mid November 2018, really enjoying all the helpful posts here!

I'll be going with three adults and my daughter (will be 2 y/o at the time) for a 4 night stay with flexibility in dates. I plan on renting DVC points through David's or other site, with the hope of booking a 2 bedroom villa (any view -- whatever is available) at BLT or VGF. The catch is I probably won't be able to book until we are 8ish months out. For those with experience renting DVC points or owning and booking reservations on your own, how likely is it that anything will even be left?

After reading different blogs/forums, I'm starting to think we'll be out of luck! :-\ I want to stay close to MK for ease of getting back to the room with a crabby toddler! TIA!

At 8 months, depending on time of year, the unit may be available. The issue will be points availability via David's or another site. 8 months is still home resort, so your booking will need to be made by a BLT owner (at BLT) or VGF owner (at VGF).

I want to stay close to MK for ease of getting back to the room with a crabby toddler! TIA!

Then you'll want to be at BLT. Once you hit the sidewalk in front of BLT, you won't have to close up the stroller until you return at the end of "her" day, since you can walk to the MK from BLT. If you stay at VGF, you'll have to deal with the monorail. A stroller containing a crabby child and the monorail are not a compatible combination. :headache:

Thanks CraigInPA! Great advice -- I've never stayed on resort (or gone with a toddler), so this is a whole different ball game. Appreciate the response.

I will say that I prefer walking from BLT to MK with a toddler over taking the monorail with a crabby toddler in a stroller, but I have done both, and neither requires you to fold a stroller or take the kid out. I also have done that walk to BLT while nursing a crabby infant - something that I don't think I could have done on the monorail.

Your chances are probably better overall at BLT - more owners and more units, though expect lake view rather than standard or theme park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter