How long did your engagement last?

8 months, although the church and reception were booked, we had been dating for more than 5 years. We were just waiting on my ring being ready to make it official.

14 months. Engaged Halloween 2013 married Boxing Day 2014

8 months.

We were set up on a blind date by my brother in October 1992. He proposed in November, and gave me my diamond ring in December. We were married in July 1993.

This July we are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary in WDW!!!

Together a little more than 16 years when we started planning the wedding. Planning took 9-10 months. Ring arrived 5 months before the big day. Not sure when the actual engagement happened in that timeline. :laughing:

First marriage: About 6 months. Got engaged just after Thanksgiving; got married in late May.

Second marriage: About 6 weeks. No "engagement." We decided to get married around mid-August and the ceremony was in early October.

How long did your engagement last?
Which one?
3 months (just weren't that compatible)
2 days (I was stunned by proposal, took that long to come to my senses)
and, the winner, 9 months (still with him 30+ years later).

Last edited:
8 months after a year of dating and 3 years of working together.

My wife's Grandfather was engaged to his second wife for 25 years before they got married.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter