How long did your engagement last?

DH and I met and married within 55 days. We decided on Christmas Eve we were going to be married on New Years Eve with family at my home. We were together for 28 years until he died of cancer.

We had been friends for most of our lives. Our path crossed again in March 2005 and we started dating in September 2005. We fell in love in DHS at the backlot Christmas display. We got engaged February 2008 and married October 2009. Thus we were engaged for 19 months . He wanted a fall wedding and we couldn't make it work in 7 months between being young professionals and paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves and we wanted to purchase a home.
I'm so blessed to be married to my soul mate and my best friend :love2::love:

2 years, 4 months. I was a college freshman when we got engaged. We were going to wait until my graduation and have a small wedding. Military service, finances, and difficult families made us just go ahead and take a trip to the courthouse a littler earlier than planned.

19 months - Feb 1999 to Sept 2000.

My wife's Grandfather was engaged to his second wife for 25 years before they got married.

That sounds like my brother and sister in law - they got engaged in 1998, married in 2016....

About 11 months.

We had the longest engagement of either of our parents, siblings, or grandparents. The norm in our family seemed to be less than 3 months; and that was often the dating to marriage timeline. FWIW, both sets of my grandparents were married for 60+ years, my parents have been married for over 40. Not gonna talk about DHs side of the family...Although his parents had been married for around 25 years before his moms death.

Almost 2 1/2 years. We wanted to have a wedding and buy a house and when we got engaged we could have swung the wedding or the down payment. 30 very frugal months later, we got married and moved into our house. 18 years later we are still married and still in the house.

Just shy of 5 years for us. We had been together for 7 years when we got engaged, so I knew it was coming eventually but was still very surprised at the timing of it when it happened. I happened to be starting grad school right after we got engaged, which I wanted to focus on and it took me about 2 years to finish. We then had a house built which took us the better part of a year. After we were settled in the house, we took a year to actually plan our wedding and set everything up. We'll be married for two years this August!

16 years - can't rush these things - you have to be sure! We lived together for 12 years and had our two kids before getting married and will have been together for 32 years in May

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter