How long did your engagement last?

Just over a year (we wanted to get married in our anniversary)

We had been together 3 years before that.

Together 3 years before getting engaged.
Engaged for almost 14 months.
9-year wedding anniversary coming up in May. :lovestruc

First time: A little over a year. We had been living together for three years before that and met two years prior to living together.

Last time: I don't think there was an "engagement." We were living together for 11 years, finally decided to get married, and did so a month later.

Time between meeting and first date- 4 months.

Between first date and engagement- 9 1/2 months.

Between engagement and wedding- 9 months to the day.

Wedding to present day- 26 1/2 years.

Time between meeting and first date- 4 months.

Between first date and engagement- 9 1/2 months.

Between engagement and wedding- 9 months to the day.

Wedding to present day- 26 1/2 years.

Time between meeting and first date--16 years, met in first grade

Between first date and engagement--4 months, 4 years after graduating H.S. together, numerous classes together from first grade with no interest in each other

Between engagement and wedding--9 months

Wedding to present day--44years, 9 months, 20 days :love:

Very much nearly the same for us.

DH was in Basic when his orders were coming, so we pretty much just mutually agreed on May 5th we were getting married on his 14 day R&R before his first duty station. We planned as much as we could together, mostly me mailing him stuff, including an invite to our wedding at AIT (insane)

He came home from AIT, put the ring on it, and we got married 5 days later on June 28th. So only 7 weeks technically

We've been married almost 16 years this summer and have 3 beautiful children.

Everything about our marriage is weird so the "engagement" is new. We were living together and while he was in Iraq for 7 months, we started planning a wedding as a logical step. I went to a jewelry store and picked out a ring. He emailed them his credit card information and they kept the ring at the shop. We had booked our destination elopement/honeymoon, photographer, and officiant all while he was gone. When he came back a few weeks before our wedding, he finally "proposed" lol, so we were technically engaged for a few weeks before the wedding ;)

13 months. Engaged on Valentine's Day and married March 16 of the following year
I am quoting myself to add info, since I find it interesting when others have posted it:

Knew each other almost 2 years (but saw one another infrequently via mutual friends)
dated a bit more than 3 years
were engaged another13 months (we wanted to both graduate and have time for starting a job--wedding was 3 months after DH's graduation and 10 after mine)
Married 22 years this month

Dated almost five years before getting married. Officially engaged about four and a half months before wedding. Married 29 years this summer.

Last edited:
We dated for about 13 months, got engaged, and then waited another 18 months before the wedding. So about three years from when we met until we were married.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!