How long do the resort buses run after park closing?

Officially, return service to Disney Resort hotels from DS ends at 2:00 AM. You're on your own after that. If there is a bus available, they might send it to check the bus load zones periodically after 2am, but don't count on it.
Short answer, again, no.

Security is monitoring things 24/7. I'm thinking if you're still straggling around DS at 3 am, you're GOING to be guided off the property ;) I mean, it's NOT Pleasure Island anymore!

Short answer, again, no.
Security is monitoring things 24/7. I'm thinking if you're still straggling around DS at 3 am, you're GOING to be guided off the property ;) I mean, it's NOT Pleasure Island anymore!
Not quite following what you're responding to on my post.

Officially, return service to Disney Resort hotels from DS ends at 2:00 AM. You're on your own after that. If there is a bus available, they might send it to check the bus load zones periodically after 2am, but don't count on it.

Disney Springs is usually the last part of property to close (unless MK has a 3am close or 24 hour), with that being said, last bus back to the resort from DS is promptly at 2am, and when they mean 2am, it is. If the closing dispatcher doesn't see you by 2am, you are stuck with a cab. Those busses at that point are headed to get fueled and cleaned for the next day. No driver is available after 2am at Disney Springs.

Sorry, but I've been that driver on numerous nights, that made an after hours swing by DTD aka DS, and other locations, after official closing time just in case there were stragglers.

OK no problem. Used to drive out of DS, and once 2am hit, we all were released to get clean buses. Not saying you are wrong, but that is what DS was doing when I was there.

We are going to wait to ride FOP until the end of the night (getting in line prior to 8pm park close). How long do the resort buses run after park closing? We could end up still having a long wait to ride it depending on how many people are in line.

If people are still exiting the park, the buses will still be running. You will not get stranded at the park. Disney knows when people are still in the park and they take that into account.

Just remember, it's pretty meaningless. The buses run more hours than it indicates.

Thank goodness. Saw the "45 minutes before park opens" and wondered how we would make it to the Crystal Palace from Pop! for an 8:05am PPO ADR with a park opening of 9am...

I have researched back up plans like Uber/Lyft just in case the buses are a bit "slower" than usual!

Thank goodness. Saw the "45 minutes before park opens" and wondered how we would make it to the Crystal Palace from Pop! for an 8:05am PPO ADR with a park opening of 9am...

I have researched back up plans like Uber/Lyft just in case the buses are a bit "slower" than usual!

Buses start running at 6:30 am every morning.

Buses start running at 6:30 am every morning.
Below is info as posted on "The HUB", the Disney CM website.

"Bus service begins at least 45 minutes prior to the first reservation time of each dining location at a theme park. Let the bus driver know that you have an early morning dining reservation, including the location and reservation time.

Early morning bus service begins at the following times each morning:
Buses to MK – 6:15 a.m.
Buses to DHS – 6:45 a.m.
Buses to Epcot – 7:15 a.m.
Buses to DAK – 7:15 a.m.

Service may begin earlier when the park opens early. Regular bus service from resorts to theme parks begins 45 minutes prior to park open (including EMH)."

Below is info as posted on "The HUB", the Disney CM website.

"Bus service begins at least 45 minutes prior to the first reservation time of each dining location at a theme park. Let the bus driver know that you have an early morning dining reservation, including the location and reservation time.

Early morning bus service begins at the following times each morning:
Buses to MK – 6:15 a.m.
Buses to DHS – 6:45 a.m.
Buses to Epcot – 7:15 a.m.
Buses to DAK – 7:15 a.m.

Service may begin earlier when the park opens early. Regular bus service from resorts to theme parks begins 45 minutes prior to park open (including EMH)."
I sure wish we could get this stickied somewhere in transportation. At least for as long as it remains these hours)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter