How long do you usually go to Disney? (Non- locals)

Our very first trip ever, we took 10 days, and it was AMAZING! We didn't know when we'd be back and we really wanted as much time as we could possibly spare to take it all in and enjoy ourselves. Now, five years later, we'll be going back in January and I didn't want anything less than a week, which is exactly what we're doing - 7 days at Disney, and we snuck in 1 extra day for Universal.

We typically stay about 8-9 days, with the longest being 11, which we loved because we didn't feel rushed and took the time to enjoy the resort more and did other things like the bass fishing and behind the seeds tour.

We take one big 10-12 day trip a year and then we take 2-3 short 4-5 day trips throughout the year when we can, usually longer weekend trips.

We stay between 8-10 nights and spend 7 days at the parks. We’ll relax at the pool, go to DS or miniature golf the other days. We used to go twice a year, but when my daughter started junior high, we started going once a year.

I have done everything from a day visit while in the area to 7 full park days trip.

I can tell you most of my long trips were early on. Since I was flying in and I was only going 1 or maybe 2 trips a year I felt like short trips were a waste of time and money. But I can also tell you that the last few days of those trips I was tired and sometimes not really enjoying my vacation.

When I started regulary planning 2-3 trips per year or had an AP, I was planning on 3-5 park days and those seemed the best as I had enough time to see and do what I wanted but I wasn't vactioning myself to exhustion. Those trips were the best for me over all and they are still my go to length.

Oh let's just be honest I enjoy the day trips to the parks that I tacked on to other travel, and even enjoyed the one 'long' weekend trip that was only 2 park days.

Anytime at Disney is a good time.

The past 2 trips we've left NC on Friday (after work), drive about half way (Savanah GA). Get there late Saturday morning.
We really enjoy the resorts so we'll get a 7 or 8 day hopper and have a break day or two during the week to explore.
Leave the following Sunday (8 nights) - often we will check out of the resort early and spend a park day.....leaving for home in the evening.

We fly in, so we try to do 6-8 nights. We've done shorter trips, but it just seems like so much travel time for not much vacation time. :)

we are planning our first trip as a family, our kids are young and we are coming from Canada, this may be a once in a lifetime (or at least once while they're little) trip for us so we are planning 10 days over all (day 1 and 10 as airport days) I'm hoping this way we can go at a slower pace and build in breaks and non park activities like pool time and resort hopping

we are planning our first trip as a family, our kids are young and we are coming from Canada, this may be a once in a lifetime (or at least once while they're little) trip for us so we are planning 10 days over all (day 1 and 10 as airport days) I'm hoping this way we can go at a slower pace and build in breaks and non park activities like pool time and resort hopping
now THAT is the way to do a once in a lifetime trip. man, that should be such a pleasant, nice paced, enjoyable trip! good on you for saving up and doing it right instead of getting impatient and cutting corners or having a "we gotta go go go" pace.

If we go on a regular school break during the school year, the longest we can stay is 5 nights.

For our last trip (summertime), we were able to stay 10 nights, plus take our time getting to and from WDW. It was our favorite trip.

I feel like 4 nights or less just leaves so much to be desired. I would like 5 nights minimum even though that's not always possible!
2 weeks. 10 day park hopper, 1-2 days at Universal, and 2-3 days non-park (pool, Disney Springs, dinner on site, etc.) Once a year. We live on the other side of the country.

We live in the UK and have Gold APs, we go twice a year for 3 weeks each time.
We live in U.S. and sometimes go to Disneyland Paris, and we will be going to Shanghai once the world opens up for business. Last time we went to France we had trouble finding the Gold. How do you get that? And I assume you go to Disneyland Paris, and if you do, do you miss Space Mountain Mission 2 as much as we do ☹️?

We live in U.S. and sometimes go to Disneyland Paris, and we will be going to Shanghai once the world opens up for business. Last time we went to France we had trouble finding the Gold. How do you get that? And I assume you go to Disneyland Paris, and if you do, do you miss Space Mountain Mission 2 as much as we do ☹?
Oops! Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post, we go to WDW Florida twice a year with our Gold APs.
Surprisingly, we have never been to DLP!

Oops! Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post, we go to WDW Florida twice a year with our Gold APs.
Surprisingly, we have never been to DLP!
Gotcha. There were all kinds of names like I think gold and premier passport etc. for the worldwide pass but they don’t offer it anymore. I though maybe they did in England or Europe. Nuts. Thanks. Safe travels.

8-9 nights is what we average. Our longest trip ever being 11 nights. A relative put us in the AKL 3 bedroom villa for that entire trip... talk about an amazing trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter