How long do you usually go to Disney? (Non- locals)

We are in New England, and we stay 9 nights when we go. Only once it felt like too long (August heat and humidity), but I wouldn't go for less time. I'd like to go longer, but that isn't usually financially feasible, or not enough vacation time from work.

We travel from about as far North as you can get without being in Canada LOL.
We used to stay for 9 or 10 days. Our last few visits were 7 or 8 days. We had to adjust our visit length due to the rising hotel costs and the increases for everything at disney. Our package went up over the years about 2,000.00 over the past 5 years!! To compensate, we have shortened our stays. Now with this virus, we are not going for another 2 years, but plan on going to disneyland next year. We also are going to get Universal AP's and start going their more often, as we love the ease of everything - no advance reservations for dining, no scheduling 3 rides and hope to get more. We love the freedom of Universal, and the fun attractions. We will always go to disney, but for shorter visits only.

We drive from PA. First trip I allowed two nights on the road each way and we stayed 8 nights. It was too short of a stay and we didn't need two nights on the road each way. Subsequent trips were for 11 nights / 10 park days.

I feel like 4 nights or less just leaves so much to be desired. I would like 5 nights minimum even though that's not always possible!
I'm with ya! I did a 4 night stay once. Just not worth it all the way from California.

7 nights in my minimum. September 2019 I had a 7 night booked. Dorian was threatening to hit on the day I was to fly in so I booked two more days bringing my total to 9. It was great! My first trip was 10 nights. Right now I'm planning on 14 in 2021 for the 50th.

In 2010 a visit of four nights. (Not in the finances prior.) Since then everything from seven nights to 13 nights until we bought DVC. Since then one stay of 18, one of 24, and one of 28 nights. Disney is our "beach vacation". No all day park crawls. Lots of great dining, spa time, and just r and r. Time to read good books and just connect and have leisure. NOTE: We are in between kids and grandkids and college has all been paid for. Trips will look different when the kids are done with grad school and marry and have babies. However, we are certainly enjoying this in-between chapter. DVC has been great for us. We go the two bedroom route when friends come with us but the one bed and kitchen if just us. Retirement is good. (Just part-time work of choice now.)

I did a 5 night trip before but that was on someone else’s dime. It was a great time. It really was the perfect amount of time to do everything we wanted. I didn’t feel rushed, we did midday breaks by the pool but we didn’t really repeat our favorites.

My usual is 7 nights. I feel that’s great to do your favorites more than once plus some pool time and an extra evening or two in MK or Epcot.

Our last two trips have been 9 and 10 nights. I really love this amount of time. It gives me the extra time to hit Epcot WS and make it feel like a theme park vacation plus a leisurely trip. We like hitting the bars and lounges when we have extra time.

We usually do a minimum of 7 nights but usually 8 or 9. This past trip we did 11. We like to not go from open-close every day and we feel like the longer trip allows us to move at a slower pace and enjoy the resort.

We fly in (2.5 hour nonstop) and have stayed from 3 nights to 9 nights. The 3 night was for a weekend getaway during the school year, and the 9 night was a summer split stay with tons of resort time enjoying multiple pools, in addition to the parks, and it felt a bit too long.

5 nights is typically ideal for us. We can accomplish a lot in that time, yet don't have a chance to start getting tired of it.

Last edited:
Most of our trips were 5 nights only because it was hard to schedule time around school and avoid summer.

Our next trip is 8 nights in January. Now that DS finished high school we're planning on longer trips less frequently. Works out cheaper for us too; the last 3 days of a 9 day ticket are only like $10-15 each.

I think 7 to 9 nights is optimum. Enough time to enjoy everything without running like a maniac, time to stop and smell the roses. 2 visits to each park is a nice pace and makes planning so much easier.

6-8 weeks :flower1:, we do a cruise in the middle to break it up a bit, Disney of course. Spend mornings in a park, afternoons relaxing at resort.
we come from Australia, save for 3-4 long years to be able to afford it.
last trip was just before Covid started, we were so fortunate not to be going this year. Sure hope this Is over soon so we can go again!

WDW minimum 5 full days, DLR minimum 3 full days, plus an evening or morning hopefully based on flight schedules. Our family much prefers a thorough trip every 2 years or so to quick trips more frequently. We live about half way between the parks.

Have done everything from three nights to nine (between school schedules, per sitters, finances, visiting relatives while in Florida too...). Longer is better in my book, but I’ll take what I can manage at the time!

Missing it right now, as we don’t have plans to try to go with everything going on right now, but lots of memories to hold me over. 📷

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter